Chapter 18

As soon as we got to the Tower, Strange and his cloak started dragging me to the closest elevator. Tony got hold of my duffel bag before following us up there, only two steps behind Stephen. Their urgency was more than a little unsettling. Why are they in such a hurry? Did I miss something?

"Where are we rushing off to?" I questioned, trying my best to not hurt myself as I walked.

"We're going to the infirmary, Peter. I need to take a look at your injuries." He explained, putting an arm around my shoulders so I wouldn't lose my balance.

"I'm fi-" I began, but was cut off by the looks he and Tony gave me. I'm getting my injuries looked at whether I want it or not.

Sighing in defeat, I let them take me to the infirmary. Once inside the Med Bay, Cloakie wrapped itself around me and helped me sit on the bed. However, once it did, it wouldn't let me go. I let it be as I watched Stephen and Tony frantically walking around the room.

Well, mostly Tony. Stephen looked a little annoyed that Tony wouldn't stay still or stop asking questions.

"Is he going to be okay? He's not that badly hurt right? Stephen, you're a doctor, so you can heal him. Please heal our son. Pete, you need some water? An ice pack? A bandage?"

"Edward Anthony Stark. Sit down before I-" Strange began, but was cut off by Tony scrambling to the nearest seat and doing as he said. Being called his full name definitely set a fear trigger on. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle at their actions.

They're really fun to watch.

Stephen quickly did the X-Rays and scanned over my visible injuries, prodding my ribs for a while. His face grew a little dark at some points of his examination, but I pretended not to see it. Tony was staring at me with so much worry, it was almost suffocating.

After about 5 minutes, there was a commotion outside in the hall. Before I knew it, there was at least 9 more people in the room, asking me and Stephen questions like Tony had done not too long ago. The Avengers.

"Are you okay, Peter?"

"Man of Spiders! Have you been fatally injured!?"

"Kid, what happened in there? Stark turned off the coms once they went inside!"

"What are your injuries?"

They were all talking over each other and causing me a major headache. It wasn't enough to cause a sensory overload, but it was getting close if they didn't shut up soon. Damn it, why is everyone so loud?

"Okay, Bye bye now." Stephen said, motioning his hands in a circle.

The next thing I knew, everyone was gone. Not a second later, I heard a loud crash and a lot of OW's from out in the hall. I sighed in relief at the quiet and gave Stephen a grateful look. Meanwhile, Tony went out the door to presumably tell them off for being so loud.

They'll be fine. Maybe.

After a few moments, Bruce. Rhodey, and Tony came into the room. Bruce went straight to Stephen to see the results of my X-Ray while Tony sat beside me on the bed. He fussed over me nervously, clearly wanting to help but there wasn't really much for him to do. Rhodey looked worriedly at me, but he was glancing over at Tony in amusement every once in a while.

"Okay, your only major injury is a cracked bone in your leg. I'm surprised it wasn't worse. From the sound of it, I assumed it was a completely shattered bone." Stephen announced, glaring at the CAT scan as if it was the one who did this to me.

"From the sound of it"? So he must have been listening in on me at the orphanage with Fury. If he did, then so was everyone else, weren't they? Greeeat.