Chapter 19

Peter's POV

I looked around in utter confusion. The Avengers were around me, all in a fit of laughter. I walked onto the ceiling in my sleep and fell onto the floor in front of the Avengers. What next, Parker Luck? What next?

"Peter, are you alright?" Stephen asked as his feet touched the floor again. I nodded.

"That's good, Underoos. Now, would you mind getting off me? I'd like to get off the floor before next year." Tony's voice said from below me.

I looked down and realized I was sitting on him. OH MY GOD! I LANDED ON HIM!? I scrambled to my feet, doing my best to not hurt him further. I didn't need a mirror to know my face was probably as red as a tomato.

"I-I'm so s-sorry, Mister Stark! I-I didn't- I wouldn't- I'm sorry- I-" I stammered helplessly as he sat up with a quiet pained grunt.

"I'm fine, Kid. Been through worse. Explosions in the lab have done worse damage, so it's no sweat." Tony grinned, standing up on his feet.

"But-" I began, but Tony wouldn't have it.

"No 'but's, Peter. I'm fine and you don't have to worry about it." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and turned me to face the Avengers. "Right guys?"

They all smiled and nodded, a few still taking pictures on their phones.

"In any case, Man of Spiders, what knowledge do you seek at this school you spoke of? It seems to me that you're quite intelligent already." Thor spoke up, surprising me with the fact he was quieter than usual, even by a little bit. Is he quieter in the mornings or something? Wait- spoke of? WAS I TALKING IN MY SLEEP? I could feel my face heat up like crazy from embarrassment again, remembering everything that's just happened the last few minutes.

I'm never going to live this down.

"Uh-Uhm. Thank you, Thor, but I'm just going to school because it's necessary-" I tried to answer, but Tony cut me off.

"But it wouldn't kill ya to skip a day or two. You just got here and not to mention your leg is bro-" Tony said, cutting himself off when he realized I was standing on my previously broken leg just fine. I gave it a little shake for good measure.

"I'm all good now. Also, I can't miss school. Any more absences or tardies and I'll be expelled." I yawned, watching all their eyes widen.

"Wh-What? Can a school even do that?" Wanda asked, getting a shrug from Pietro.

"How many absences do you have, Pete?" Sam questioned uneasily. I hummed in thought for a second, recalling my meeting with the principal about 2 months ago.

"About... 34 absences aaaand... 45 tardies."

"Holy-! Why do you have so many absences!?" Rhodey gasped.

"Well, when one of my siblings get sick I'd stay behind from school to watch over them. We didn't have enough money for medicine sometimes, so it would usually take a while for them to get better. I couldn't take them to school with me, I've tried, and I couldn't exactly leave them with Medusa, you know?" I smiled sheepishly.

"Peter, you're an absolute angel." Wanda smiled, suddenly hugging me and squeezing all the air out of me. Pietro was beside us, grinning at me and ruffling my hair a little while his sister strangled me.

"Th-Thanks, I guess?" I gasped breathlessly as she released her grip.

"Friday, please tell me you have everything recorded and sent to my account." A familiar voice asked from by the elevator, making me jump a bit. I looked over to see Pepper standing there with a bright smile.