Chapter 21

(What's this? Why... Can it be... It is!! AN UPDATE!!! HAHA That's right! I'm not dead and I'm BACK! Enjoy! :D  )

3rd Person

As soon as the clock struck 3 pm, Peter covered his ears in an attempt to muffle out the deafening school bell that rang out. It didn't really work, but at least it was less painful than if he didn't even try to muffle out the sounds. While the class began to crowd the doorway to leave, he took off his glasses and rubbed at his tired eyes.

While he had hoped the day would be good, he was brought back to reality fairly quickly. Peter has forgotten about the school bell giving him migraines now, thanks to his new powers, and that his glasses now made everything blurry, so seeing the front board in class was a challenge.

"At least I get to leave now." Peter mumbled to himself as he made his way out into the hallway.

Unfortunately, Flash decided to show up with his goons right then and there to block his path. They smirked at him, sending that feeling of "Oh no..." crashing into the poor kid.

"Come on, Parker. Let's go have a chat in the back of the school." Flash snickered.

Then, as usual, Peter was getting beat up only a few minutes later. You know, because he definitely needed to add getting beat up to this lovely day he was having. It didn't help that Flash was in a terrible mood after MJ and Ned humiliated him earlier that day.

However, Peter just took the punches without much care. He was used to this treatment, afterall. Peter could take a punch better than anyone, so he always figured that it was better off this way. The weaker kids didn't need this kind of thing in their lives, so Peter practically volunteered himself whenever he saw Flash picking on one of them.

By the end of the beating, there were bruises all over Peter and he was left laying on the pavement ground all alone. Thankfully, he could tell that there were no broken bones, so at least that was something. With a heavy sigh, Peter sat up and began to dig through his backpack. Taking out his new phone, he was relieved to find that there was only a single unread text from his little brother, Chris H.

It simply read, "Hey Pete! Joss and Taika are setting up the playground set in the backyard, but they seem to be having trouble. Do you think you can come help us out?" There was an attached photo of Joss and the man who Peter assumed was Taika standing in the backyard of the orphanage with several pieces of the playground set surrounding them on the floor. He chuckled and began to respond.

"I'll be right over. Do your homework in the meantime, though. I want to see everyone finished with at least one class's worth of homework by the time I get there." He said aloud to myself as he typed. Chris only responded with the emoji that rolled his eyes.

Putting his phone away, Peter got up to my feet and brushed off the dirt from his clothes. Considering he had gone through worse pain than a mere beating from Flash, he was used to just walking off after their little "chats" after school.

Heading over to the orphanage, Peter decided to just walk there in order to give time for those who were actually going to try on their homework. There were still those among his siblings that he just knew weren't going to bother with homework until he got there and forced them to do it.

Peter took in a deep breath and smiled. Just thinking about his little siblings brought him a good amount of happiness. His headache and bad mood from school seemed to have never even happened.

He just loved those kids so much and would do anything to make them happy.

Unfortunately, he was completely oblivious that his new adoptive fathers felt the same way about him. Even right that second, he was being fussed over by the said parents without even having to be present.