chapter 27

Chris's P.O.V.

I let my tears fall freely on his shirt . Last night was just horrible .He cut my entire arms with that piece of glass .I couldnt remain silent though . The sharp piece cutting my flesh was unebearable . He called me names . He hit me repeatedly .He took all his anger out on me  . The police came this morning and I , of course , lied . I couldnt tell them that my dad abuses me . I cant have him locked up in jail . Ashton was gently rubbing my back , trying to comfort me . '' You have to report him .'' he said . 

'' No , I cant Ashton . You dont understand he is my father .'' I said .

'' But he hurts you .'' he said .'' And he is not the only one .'' he said in a low voice , but I heard him .

'' I have it under control .'' I lied wiping my tears with the back of my hand . 

'' But - .'' he said , but I cut him off .

'' I am fine .'' I said leaving the classroom , before he could say another word . I could never think of reporting my father , whether I like it or not he is the only family I have .And let's say that I report him and he gets stuck in the jail for ten years , where will I go ? Dad was not always like this . It was mum's leaving that made him go nuts . Before she left , we were the happiest family . They even planned out to have another child , but that of course never happened . I personally think that she found another man . Maybe dad thinks that too . Maybe that's why he is so upset . Because he couldnt keep his own wife. To be honest , I can feel his pain . I am mad at her too . You cant just give up on your kid and leave .

From afar I saw Michael . He was coming towards me . What if he asks about the black eye ? Think Chris , think . Before I could think some more , Michael greeted me .'' Hello , how are -- .'' he couldnt finish as he inspected my face .He had a curious look on his face .'' Who did this to you ?'' he asked in a firm voice . I am run out of excuses . '' If it was Ashton . I am going to kill him right now .'' he said .

'' No ! It wasnt Ashton . I just had a small accident with... my bike .'' I said .

'' Are you sure ?'' he asked and his tone reminded me of a parents' voice .

'' Yeah , yeah .'' I said pushing him forward . '' So what do you have next period ?'' I asked him .

'' Literature .'' he said and a frown appeared on his face . '' I hate that subject .'' he stated .

'' I thought you hated Maths .'' I said .

'' Well Maths too . Oh and history and physics . Oh my god , I hate chemistry .'' he said putting his hands on the air . I just laughed at him .Oh Michael !

Michael's P.O.V.

I walked to my next classroom , thinking about Chris's stupid excuse . I didnt buy it .I know she is covering up for someone , but who ? I sat on my desk and took out the huge book .Let the boredom begin . I saw Ashton coming in , beside him was Shrirley . Probably telling him how hot he looked today or something like that . But he didnt really seem to listen to her . His expression was blank . He must be thinking of something of a big importance . I havent seen him like this before .He finally sat on his seat and the girls were fighting about who was going to sit behind him . 

The hour passed so slowly , so painfully . I just hate Literature , why do we have to learn it ? I mean , yeah we read a book and that's it , we dont need to analyze the whole thing . When the writer mentions the word black , he does it because he wants too . He doesnt want to show anything else .Anyway , I grabbed my bag and left that classroom as fast as I could . Before I could reach the end of the hallway , I felt a tap on my shoulder . I turned around to see Ashton .

'' Hey , I need to talk to you .'' he said and I just glared at him .

'' What do you want ?'' I asked him crossing my arms over my chest .

'' Let's go out .'' he said and I followed him outside . The students left to go to their classes , so there was no one . He opened a box of cigarettes and placed one between his lips . He extended the package to my direction , but I just shook my head . With a lighter he lighted the cigarette .  '' Look , I suppose you saw her bruises , didnt you ?'' he asked . I knew that he was talking about Chris .

'' Do you know who did it ?'' I asked him and he nodded .

'' Her father abuses her .'' he simply said . Now it all makes sense . Her accidents , the day she didnt want me to talk to her dad . Everything . 

'' You knew it and you didnt say anything ?'' I asked angrily .

'' Look , we should focus on her now . You never know what he is able to do to her .'' he said and I sighed . Poor Chris , living with a monster. '' We have to save her .'' he stated .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double update because you are awesome !! I know it is a filler , but at least it is something , right ? It is 23:30 here and I have school tomorrow !! Ashton and Michael join forces , huh ?? Do you have any predictions ??? GUYS , turns out that the guy faked his own death . Icant believe that someone would do this just to get attention . You can get attention for doing something good . Not for something like that !   Got to sleep now. Goodnight , my amazing readers . I love you all .

Love ya , bye 

xoxo(yawn)C.