chapter 44

Chris's P.O.V.

" Okay , so put the butter and the sugar on this bowl ." I read the instructions from Ashton's phone ." And mix them with a hand mixer ." I added and he turned on the mixer . I helped him by pouring the eggs one by one , while he was mixing the ingredients.

" Okay , now what ?" he asked placing the mixer down .

"We add the flour . " I said and I added the floor to the mixture . As soon as I turned around to get some milk from the fridge , I heard Ashton mumbling fuck . I turned around to see that his face and shirt were covered in flour .

" Don't use a hand mixer at high speed when you have flour on your bowl ." he said and I laughed .

'' Just go change , I will finish this .'' I said and he kissed my cheek , before going upstairs . I started mixing with the mixer on low speed , gradually increasing the speed . When the mixture was firm , I placed the mixer down and started molding the cookies with my hands . Ashton came down shortly after wearing another shirt . He sat beside me on the table and took some dough in his hand . We were now both molding the cookies into semi-big circles .

'' You know , it is the first time that I make cookies .'' he said , placing a cookie on the tray .

'' I used to make cookies with my grandma all the time . She made the best cookies , you could ever taste .'' I said smiling sadly , as I remembered the person that cared for me the most .

'' How did she die ?'' he asked .

'' Heart problems . She wasn't that old , when she passed away .'' I said to him , as I placed another cookie on the baking tray .

" I am sorry." he said .

" It is okay ." I said .

" Wanna see a movie when we finish these ?" he asked and I nodded . As soon as we put the cookies in the oven , Ashton started making the pop corn . I went to the living room and took a look at his DVD's to find a good movie. I ended up choosing the Delivery Man , as it sounded quite interesting and funny . I plopped down on the couch and shortly after Ashton joined me . He sat beside me and placed his arm over my shoulder . I rested my head on his shoulder and pressed play . He placed the bowl of popcorn in front of us and turned his attention to the movie .

I am really happy with my choice . the movie is great and Ashtion seems to enjoy it . I know that if we weren't together , he would go to that party . I actually dont have any problem with him going to the party , but he didn't want to . As soon as , I heard the alarm of the oven go off , I stood up and went to the kitchen . I turned off the oven , before taking the cookies out . They look really good . I grabbed a big plate and carefully put them all in , using a spatula , so I wont burn my fingers . On my way to the living room , I heard Ashton talking to the phone .

'' Yeah , we are actually watching a movie at the moment ...... I cant tell her ..... I will lie of course ... Yeah , I will be there in a bit ... Okay bye .''

Is he talking about the party ? Is he going to lie to me ? I cant believe what I just heard . I told him to go , but he refused . He doesn't have to lie to go . I decided to not tell him anything and go to the living room , pretending that I didn't hear anything . I placed the plate on the table and sat beside him , crossing my arms over my chest .

'' Mhm , they smell great .'' Ashton said taking a cookie . He brought the cookie in front of my mouth , signaling me to take a bite . I took a bite of the cookie and he kissed my cheek . I have to admit they came out pretty good. " Chris , my aunt called and she needed help with.... her Christmas lights on her house . I am not going to be late . " he said in a kind of nervous tone .

"Yeah sure . Go help your aunt . I will finish the movie and lay down . " I said avoiding any eye contact with him . I can't believe he is lying to me right now. He kissed my cheek , before going upstairs . Why is he even lying to me ? I told him to go . He soon came down stair and grabbed his jacket and car keys . He gave me a kiss on the lips , before exiting the house . As soon as the door closed ,a tear escaped from my eye . I don't know why am I even crying right now .Maybe I am being clingy . Maybe I shouldn't have come here . Or maybe he got bored of me . I can't blame him though . Ashton is an outgoing person and I am an introvert. I turned off the Tv and lied on the couch .

Ashton's P.O.V.

" You got them?" I asked him and he nodded .

" Of course . You know that when I want something , I always get it ." he said smirking .

" I do know that . Here ." I said handing him the money. He counted the cash and gave me a thumbs up .

" You must really like this girl ." he said giving me the tickets and then putting the money in his back pocket .

" I really do ." I said smiling .

" Merry Christmas Ashton Irwin." he said waving at me as he left .

" Merry Christmas ." I said getting in the car . I started driving towards the house , feeling excitement rush through my body. I can't wait to see her reaction in the morning. I feel guilty for lying to her , but that was the only way to not ruin the surprise. As soon as I parked the car , I quickly got out and went in the house . I locked the door and turned around to see that Chris had fallen asleep on the couch . I smiled at her as I picked her up and carried her to the spare room , where she was sleeping . I laid her on bed and took off her socks . I pulled the covers over her and kissed her forehead , before leaving the room . I cant wait for tomorrow .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!! I hope you all have a great time with whoever you are spending the holidays with . I also hope you enjoyed this chapter . You guys are the best gift I could ask for . Thank you so much for supporting and reading this story !!!!

Also , someone requested a Q&A , so if you have any questions leave them down below .To be honest , I dont think that someone wants to know anything about me , but hey someone requested it .

Love ya , bye

xoxoC.