Chapter Four

I sat in the bullpen of the Boston Field Office and starred at the phone impatiently, waiting for the call. The call from Hotch saying that they found her and that Doyle was in custody. Or dead. And that's all I could think about. Until my trance was interrupted by Penelope.

"Oh my gosh, JJ! What if she's hurt? What if she has PTSD? What if she wants to leave the BAU? What if she's never the same? What if she has to stay in the hospital for months?" She paused for a moment. "JJ, what if she's already-"

"Garcia!" I said it a little more harshly, and loudly than I had intended, but I couldn't even...

"I'm sorry," she said a little more softer than the tone of her previous rant. "It's just...we can't let this sick puppy tear apart our family."

"And he won't," I said, trying to convince myself more than her. Then, I saw them enter one by one through the glass doors. Morgan was first and he angrily stomped past us. Next was Reid and Seaver, but they weren't angry, just gloomy. Finally, I saw Hotch and Rossi.

"What happened?" Demanded Garcia as soon as they reached us.

"We cleared the warehouse. There was evidence of Doyle holding Prentiss captive there, but they were gone," Hotch answered.

My heart sank. I couldn't even form a sentence nor an emotion to describe how I felt.

"Wh-what?" I heard Penelope ask with tears in her eyes and a tone so low and broken that it was barely audible.

"We have agents checking the surrounding area, but there is no sign of Prentiss or Doyle" Rossi added.

"Okay," Garcia said, her tears beginning to smear her make-up. "I'm gonna go check on my babies." She walked away.

I looked at Hotch and Rossi. "So whats the plan?" I finally asked.

"I'm gonna go make sure she doesn't make thing any worse for her babies," Rossi said with a weak smile before also walking away.

"Aaron," I practically begged; I could feel years begin to burn my eyes.

"JJ, you know the odds," he said. "I miss her too, but Doyle took her there for one reason. He won't keep her alive if he doesn't need her."

"I know, but we can't just give up on her, Hotch," I said.

"Well what do you want me to do?" He asked, a little more force in his voice probably because of all the stress. "Strauss won't let us keep investigating forever and eventually you'll have to go back to the State department."

I scoffed slightly. State Department...

"Well can we at least try for as long as we can?" I asked.

"Of course," he said, his voice returning to its normal calm.

Sorry I added some jotch-y moments in there...Reviews please? :)