Chapter Six

PENELOPE POV

I sat in my lair, reading some of my old texts from Emily and flipping through the pictures from our last ladies' night. I tried to keep the tears in, but I just couldn't imagine living without my salsa-dancing, ass-kicking, raven-haired beauty. I could just hear her sarcastic tone echoing in my head. I could also hear someone knocking on my door.

"Hey, Garcia?" I heard JJ ask.

"Hey, Jayje," I said quietly. "Find anything?"

"No," she answered, "but I was hoping you could help me with that."

"Of course," I answered. "Penelope Garcia, mistress of all things technological at your service," I said, trying to perk up at least a little bit.

She cracked a small smile. "Hotch wanted us to go through some of Em's stuff and see if we can find anything about Declan's location," she said.

"What?" I asked. "What do you mean 'Em's stuff?'"

"Finances, phone records, anything pointing to where Declan could be. Emily probably visited him as much as possible so find out where she may have gone. Basically, look for anything that sticks out," she explained.

"JJ..." I said.

"I don't like it either," she said, "Just remember that we're doing it for her, and Declan."

I sighed. I knew she was right. It's just Emily was always so...private. It didn't feel right. Plus it made her a victim and Emily Prentiss was not a victim.

"O-okay," I finally said. "Just give me some time."

"Of course," she replied, offering me a small smile, but I knew it wasn't a real smile.

I hadn't seen one of those since Emily disappeared...and I had a feeling that wouldn't change.

Guys I'm still figuring Wattpad out so bare with me lol I hope you guys really like this story! I wrote this a long time ago so I really wanna start something new eventually...haha...We'll see :)