Chapter 11 - The Siblings

"What in the hell?" A female African-American teen with cornrows pulls up into a ponytail and a heavy southern drawl asks. She has on a red short-sleeved crop top, ripped blue jeans, and red sandals.

"You are at a world meeting," Native America answers. "One in which secrets are being shared for the interest of international cooperation. Your secret was revealed last night, and we have brought you here today." In a flash, Native and Ancient Egypt are gone.

"So," another female, this one with light skin, long brownish-red hair in a French braid, and no prominent accent says. "I guess we introduce ourselves?"

"I'm Malena Jones," the African-American teen from earlier introduces herself. "I represent the Southeast United States and those two are my micronations." She points to British West and Conch Republic. Malena is just a physical year younger than nineteen year-old Alfred.

"I'm Eire Jones, the Great Lakes Region" the other female teen introduces. Physically, she's about sixteen. "Talossa's my boy." Eire is very feminine-looking and is wearing a blue knee-length skirt and a white, shirt-sleeved blouse that's tied at the front.

"I'm Amber Jones," this is final female teen, she has pale skin and nearly shoulder-length dirty-blonde hair shaved on the left side. Like the sister before her, she has no prominent accent, and unlike her, Amber is broad-shouldered. "I'm the Central Planes Region, and I don't have any micronations. Eire is my twin though." Amber's wearing a faded KISS t-shirt with the sleeves cut off and a pair of jean shorts.

"Alonso Jones; Southwest Region, Thank the lord I don't have any micronations." This teen is male, with Mexican features. Alonso is seventeen in human years, right in between the Midwest twins and the Southeast. He's wearing the outfit of a stereotypical American cowboy and has an odd mix of a southern accent and a Mexican accent.

"I'm Conner Jones, the Rocky Mountain Region." Connor is taller than the rest of his siblings, but looks just a bit younger. He only looks about fifteen. He has light brown hair and pale skin and he's wearing ripped jeans and a red flannel shirt open over a plain white t-shirt. "Molossia's my micronation."

"I'm Sam: the personification of the Pacific Northwestern states! They/Them pronouns please!" A region who appears to be without a specific gender introduces themself. They have a bit of a California accent, noticeable, but not prominent. Sam's short hair is dyed blonde and they have brown skin and traces of Asian features. They're wearing a Giants jersey and a pair of boyfriend jeans. They look to be the same age as Connor.

"I am Nikolai Jones," a teen with an accent that's an odd mix of Russian and something unidentifiable introduces himself. "I am the state of Alaska." Nikolai is a fourteen year-old  albino with pale skin, white hair, and red eyes. He's wearing an ice-blue sweatshirt with his state's flag on the front and a pair of black skinny jeans.

"Lili Jones; the state of Hawaii," the Island state has long, silky black hair and brown skin, her features a mix of Peloponnesian and Asian. She looks thirteen years old and is wearing a yellow sundress and sandals.

"Now that introductions are out of the way," Southeast speaks up again. "What happened that brought us here?"

"That's probably my fault," Northeast admits. "You know those dreams I have about Europeans in my land before England?" The other regions nod or mutter 'yeah'.

"Turns out, they were memories, as revealed by a diary entry I don't remember writing. I'm not a poof baby; Sweden and Finland are my parents!" Northeast gives an awkward little jazz hands at the end of his reveal.

"I always knew that you were the odd one out," Amber/Central Pains jokes.

"Congrats, Yank," Alonso/Southwest teases with a genuine smile.

"'Least you've got heritage to be proud of," Great Lakes/Erie says, making a face and prompting most of the other regions to do the same.

"Oh come on!" Northeast protests. "They're not that bad anymore! Sure, England is a jerk, but everyone else is a lot better now!"

The non-American countries are left confused as to who that gathered country of the USA is taking, or rather, arguing. about.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Malena/Southeast challenges.

"España!" Alfred calls the Spaniard's attention to him, surprising Spain with the use of hit native language. He beckons the older nation towards him.

"¿Sí?" Spain asks, standing slightly behind the American.

"That's Spain?" Alonso asks incredulously.

"¿Sí?" Spain asks, confused.

"He's cute! He looks like a lost puppy right now! Are you sure this is the same vicious conquerer?" Erie asks.

"That's the point!" Northeast exclaims. "He's not the same! None of them are! Well, except maybe Scotland, but I think he was always a drunk."

"Oi!" Scotland exclaims, mock-offended.

"Ah, so this is about that," Spain realizes, before wincing. "Lo siento, muchachos. I was mad and power-hungry once, but not anymore. Now I just want to pick tomatoes, play the guitar, and spend time con mis amors!" *

"Well, they're bound to have changed over the past couple centuries," Conner/Rocky Mountains concedes. Eventually, the other regions agree that the old empires might not be all that bad nowadays, and everyone returns to their seats.

"I still don't trust them," Southeast mutters as she sits.

*(Lo siento, muchachos = I'm sorry, kids/teens. "Con mis amors! = with my loves! {referring to both his romantic love [Austria] and those he loves as friends/family}.)