Let's Make A Deal

Shadow awoke to the sound of yelling. Still groggy, Shadow tried to listen to the voices around her.

"049 we will take D-9825 if you can not experiment on her."

"I know what you are saying doctor, but as I said, I can not let you do that. And her name is Shadow."

"What are you talking about 049, why are you refusing to cooperate."

"While she does not have the pestilence there is something within her I do not recognize. It makes me feel happy, and it makes me sad when she is distressed. So I am not willing to let you take her to suffer more. "

"You're more talkative than usual, but that doesn't matter. If you won't let her out willingly we will retrieve her by force."

"That would not be wise doctor. If you try to remove her from my care I will be forced to use my cure in a way I'm not fond of."

049 and one of the doctors were arguing through the intercom. It seems they wanted to take her out and to a new test. Shadow didn't want that, she liked it here. 049 was nice and cared about her. 

Shadow felt her tears well up again and it seemed that 049 could sense it. He turned and looked to the shaking girl, rushing to her side. He placed a hand on her side and rub it gently.

"Do not fret dear Shadow, I will not let them take you. I still need to understand what you have, I will keep you under my care."

Shadow sat up and reached for him, silently asking him to step closer. He obliged and she rested her head to his chest, no heartbeat resonated in her ear.

"049, how about we make a deal."

He paused his movements, causing Shadow to wine.

"And what would that deal be?"

"We will let her remain in your cell, but you will need to allow us to enter without worry of you trying anything. We need to enter to give her food and things. She will need to leave to have checkups from us to keep proper medical records. And you are to never experiment on her if you change your mind. Do you agree to the terms of this deal?"

"I will agree if you give me some new clothes for her, and something I may use to provide entertainment."

"Alright that can be done, then I will leave you be. A guard will be around to give you a dress for her."

With that, the speaker clicked and they were alone again.

"Yay! Thank you so much, sir!"

049 chuckled as she jumped on him, her joy filled him with warmth.