Do Not Touch His Flower

After some time a guard opened the door and entered with a black dress. After he left 049 helped her out of her jumpsuit before pulling the simple little sundress on. The dress was cut quite low so her number tattoo was visible, this upset the doctor. He would need to find a way to remove it later. 

Shadow was so happy to be out of that awful jumpsuit and had bounced around the room for a bit. Now 049 was sitting against the wall cross-legged with Shadow sat in his lap. He had his arms around her waist and she was leaning against his chest, her hands on top of his. He was rocking side to side while he hummed a tune once more, Shadow mouthing the words to the song.

The next morning a guard entered the room holding a plate of food which he placed on the table. After he left 049 gently work the small girl curled against his chest, though he really didn't want to. 

049 didn't need to sleep and would normally spend the night pacing or organizing, restless as always. But Shadow struggled with insomnia and nightmares, so he held her and hummed to lull her to sleep. She looked so cute and peaceful asleep and he couldn't stop watching her gentle expression.

After Shadow ate they started playing some games. They were in the middle of a round of charades where 049 was trying to guess circus elephant when they heard the door click. The metal slides away to reveal a broad man in chains who was quickly pushed in. He began to shout at the doctors.

"Let me out of here you fucker!"

His gruff angry voice made Shadow jump. Shadow had always been scared of shouting, it always leads to her getting hurt. Instinctively Shadow pushed close to 049, who in turn placed a hand on her shoulder. The shouting man stopped and turned to look at the two others in the room.

"I'm not going down without a fight!"

He then charged at then screaming in rage. 049 clammy stepped out of the way but Shadow was frozen in fear. The man ran into her head on and sent her flying into the wall, she hit it with a defining thud and fell limp on the floor. 

049 was filled with an unknown bubbling rage he had never felt before. Ripping off his left glove he, for the first time ever, ran. He ran full sprint at the man and grabbed his neck in a crushing grip.

"You will regret your hostility, now let me cure you."

The man fell limp to the floor a panting figure above him. Reapplying his glove he ran to check on Shadow. He felt her pulse, she was alive. He sighed in relief, picking her up and placing her on the bed. 

He then turned his attention to the unconscious man on the ground. He dragged him over to his surgical table and tossed him onto it. Taking a scalpel from his bag the doctor let out a sinister chuckle.

"You are far too sick to be cured, instead let me show you what happens when you cross me."