Crazy

When the time comes and Gaius takes him from me, I fall to my knees. "He's gone, Arthur."

Arthur, please. I'm right here.

But you're not here, Merlin! You're not with me. You're in Avalon and I'm not.

Arthur, love, Gwen is staring.

"Sire?" She asks.

"Merlin." I mumble.

"I'm sorry, sire, but he's gone." She knelt beside me, a hand on my shoulder.

"He's not gone. I can hear him." I protest.

"I can hear him too, Arthur. I can hear him calling you a clotpole and a dollophead." She says.

"No, Gwen, I can hear him. He's talking to me, he's in my head." I try and explain. "He's not really gone, I can hear him."

"Oh, Arthur..." Gwen smiles sadly at me.

"I'm not crazy." I remind her. "He's really here."

"Arthur, why don't you get some rest. I'm sure you're exhausted." Gwen deflects, leading me towards my chambers.

She thinks I'm crazy.

You're not.

"Gwen, I'm not crazy." I stop letting myself be dragged.

"Whatever you say. Now, the court physician wants me to make sure you rest." Gwen pulls on my arm but goes nowhere.

"Guinevere, I am not crazy. I promise you I'm not. Gaius bound our souls before Merlin died." I explain.

You tell her her, love.

Oh, shut it, you, I'm defending my honor. She thinks I'm an absolute lunatic!

But you are, you loved me.

I love you. Love, not loved.

Arthur, we will talk about this later. Right now, Gwen thinks you're even crazier than you were before. You're just standing there.

"Arthur? Are you alright?" Gwen brings me from my state.

"Yes, Gwen. I am perfectly alright and perfectly sane." I reassure her.

Your reassurance doesn't seem to be very reassuring.

I turn around and see that Merlin is correct. Gwen is not convinced, her eyebrows are raised and  her hands are on her hips. "Gwen, you are dismissed."

"Arthur, are you sure you-" She tries to protest.

"Guinevere, you are dismissed. Go tend to your mistress. The Lady Morgana most likely requires her maidservant after this tragedy." I order in what Merlin calls my 'King Prat Voice.'

Arthur, be kind. She doesn't know and she's irrationally mourning me.

But you're not dead.

Arthur, love, she doesn't know that.

If she would just listen to me!

Arthur, calm down.

I feel an invisible hand on the small of my back.

"Merlin? Are you here?" I ask.

Not really. I'm still in Avalon, but the part of me that bonded to you is there. A part of you is here in Avalon with me too.

How do you know?

I can feel you. You'd best do as Gaius says. I'll still be here when you wake up.

Promise?

Promise. I love you.

I love you too.

AN:

1k reads!! I never expected this story to get at max a hundred so thank you to everyone!! Love you all so much!!!