Not Going to Leave Me Again

"This cannot be happening, Gaius do something!" I demand after I leave.

"Sire, if this is what I think, than nothing can be done by you or I except tell him what happened and try to help the memories come back." He admits. "Frankly, there is nothing I, not any physician, can do for Merlin."

"Gaius there has to be something, Nimueh, the cup of life, Alator, his dragon, anything." I beg. "Tell me where to go and whom to get a cure from and I will do it, no matter how dangerous or far."

"Sire——" He starts.

"Gaius! Something's wrong." Gwaine bursts out of the physician's chambers.

"Get Lancelot and Gwen. Gwaine, come with me." Gaius ushers.

I sprint to their room and wake them. We run back to Gaius, who promptly lets Lancelot in and locks the door before Gwen and I can enter.

I pound on the door, punching and screaming at them to let me in. I kick and scream while Gwen stares at me sadly, "Arthur..."

"Gwen, tell me you don't want to be in there too." I say when I finish my temper tantrum.

"I do, but someone has to look out for you," she says gently, "and since your usual caretaker is indisposed, I will."

"That's exactly why I need to be in there. God!" I slam my palms on the door as my knees go weak.

"Ardú." A voice from behind me keeps me from falling. Morgana.

"Morgana, open this door." I order.

Gwen shakes her head behind me and Morgana frowns. "Arthur..."

"As your king, I command you to use your magic and open this door immediately."

"No." She states.

"Sister, do not test me. My husband is in there." I remind her, leaning against the door, anger boiling within me.

"Sire!" Leon opens the door, causing me to fall pathetically.

"What?" I bounce right back up.

"Gaius wants to talk to you. Alone." He says, face grim. Gwaine stands behind him, a similar expression.

"Gaius, what's wrong?" I ask frantically.

"I believe that Merlin's memories are returning, but his brain wasn't ready for them. When he wakes up, he should start to remember the events that he's forgotten." He diagnoses.

"And when will he wake?" I demand, sitting by the bed.

"I am unsure. I apologize, Sire. I will leave you two be. I must attend to others." He apologizes.

"Thank you, for all you've done, Gaius."

"Of course, Sire." He nods and leaves.

"Wake up, love. I'm waiting for you, and you're not going to leave me again." I plead, starting to cry.