Awake but Not All There?

"Now, you have to be careful, we don't know what's going on." Gaius warns.

Lancelot comes into the Physicians's chambers with what frankly looks like a dead Merlin.

"Um, Lancelot, you said he was alive." Gwaine points out.

"He is, just unconscious. Gaius, what can you do?" He ignores Gwaine and puts Merlin on the cot Gaius has out.

"We can't do anything until he wakes up, and that might be a while. I'd recommend you all return to your quarters and come back in the morning." He advises, pushing the knights out. "Sire, I'd tell you to leave but I know you'd just ignore me."

I sit in a chair by the cot and despite my will not to, fall asleep.

- Merlin -

Everything nothingness until everything was blinding. I wake in Gaius's chambers, Arthur sitting beside me. I scan my surroundings to find an unfamiliar ring on Arthur's hand and his seal on mine.

What happened?

I try and get up but instantly fall back, waking the king up.

"Merlin!" He exclaims, falling out of his chair. "Oh thank God. I'll get Gaius." He kisses me and runs away.

Did he just kiss me??

"Merlin, you're awake!" Gaius grins. "How do you feel?"

"Like I've been run over by a horse. What happened?"

"You died." Arthur states plainly.

"I WHAT????" I shout, sitting up and starting to hyperventilate.

"Arthur! This must be done with tact!!" Gaius scolds and hobbles over to me. "You were poisoned, Merlin, and it killed you."

I calm down and realize that my movement had negative results on my body.

"You're going to be sore, you've been dead for two years. Now relax, everything will be fine." Gaius soothes and leaves. "Get some rest. Sire, we need to go."

"Hey, stupid question but why is your seal on my ring?" I ask. "Why'd you kiss me."

Arthur looks horrified. "I'll tell you later. Do as Gaius says, alright? We'll be back."

- Arthur -

He doesn't remember we're married. He doesn't remember.