chapter 4 ☆

Aspen's p.o.v

Jax was so sweet I liked him and he looks like a soc and a greaser combined. Just as I was getting some where with this cute boy my " friends" come outside and ruin my moment. " Aspen were leaving say by to your boy toy." Cherry was drunk gosh shes such a hypocrite , not that long ago she was yelling at Bob. Maybe he did something , oh well I cant say I really care.

I gave Jax my number and said goodnight as it was twelve in the morning. We all got in Bob's car Randy drove as he was the most sober and I trusted him more with my life than any of the other dumbass. And that means something. When I get home I take a quick hot shower , then get changed going directly to my bed after. Sleep admittedly attacking me as my body hits the mattress.

[ time skip to next morning by blonde ponyboy ]

Dairene's p.o.v

I wake up in the lot not knowing what time it is , it seems pretty early though. I walk to my house and climb the tree to get to my bedroom. Which is on the second floor , I get in the shower trying to make as little noise as possible. In hopes that the monsters I live with wont wake up. Once the hot water hits my sore body I'm at peace.

But not for long as I hear my mother screech " Dairene you have two seconds to get outta that shower your wasting my money on the water bill you blockhead. " I turn off the water and get out , all while rolling my eyes. I get down stairs and make my dads coffee. Once I finish I hand it to him. "Here sir." I mumble , I go to leave as quick as possible. "Hey come back here you troublesome peice of shit." I walked over to him fear rising.

"The fuzz called again said a store worker thinks you stole shit." His old man physique stands slowly , then he gets closer and leans so that his mouth is near my ear. " If your stealing shit and you get caught one more god damn time I'll beat the living shit out of you so that you wont be able to stand , you understand you whore."

I breathed in completely terrified of the older man in front of me. "Y-yes s-sir." He gets face to face with me and he pauses. I think he wont do anything but then he strikes me in the face as hard as he could. "Dont you fucking stutter when you talk to me you no good dirty little cunt , do you understand?" "Yes sir I understand." "God your such a punk get out of my sight now , before I get my belt."

I ran out the door. I ran till I got to a gasoline station , the name was the DX. I walk up to it and I see Dallas, Ponyboy, and Johnny with two other guys. I tried walking by but that didnt work out for me. "Hey Dairene what's up." I mentally roll my eyes as I like being alone but I can tell this kid is nice. " Hi Ponyboy I'm just hangin who are these two. Oh and hi johnny."

Dally's p.o.v

I know Dairene ignored me and I'm not really focused on that I'm focused on the giant hand mark on her face. Does she get treated like Johnny does at home. I'm not going soft or anything but it's not right to hit your kids. She must have noticed I was zoning out as she called me out. " Hi Dallas what's hanging." " Nothing really doll face wha-" Before I could finish my sentence Soda cut me off.

" What's that mark on your face." " Its from a fight not that long ago but I gotta say your a sight for soar eyes." She says clearly trying to change the subject. Soda chuckled at her compliment. " To bad hes got a girlfriend. " Steve says in a matter of fact voice. " Ugh I'm crushed." Dairene says sarcastically. That's one of the two things I dig about her. One she is just like me and two shes a good lookin broad if I do say so myself.

Dairene's p.o.v

Just as I was really gettin friendly with these five I hear a car pull up. I learned that the other two guys were Steve and Sodapop or Soda. But ill call Soda handsome cause I like teasing him.I clench my fists as I see Dallas or Dally as he told me to call him do the same. But only for protection we told Johnny , cause he was scared shirtless of Bob. He then walks out of the mustang "Hey grease fill up my tank and gimmie your broad too."

I can tell he had a hangover and was a little drunk , this boy has no ends man.
" Your not taking our broad." I slightly glare at Dally for callin me a broad. " I meant your not taking Dairene." U gave him a look as to say 'thanks man'. He just nodded back at me. Steve then noticed that his talk was full. " Get outta here you scum soc before I crack your skull into your car. In front of your girl too." He said cracking his knuckles.

Him saying that scared Bob and he went back in his car and drove off. "Steve who was the girl in the car." "I dont know her but she looked to have pink hair maybe purple , I dont know why?" " Just wanted to know , well I'll see you guys later I gotta do something." "Oh yea and what is that?" Dally asked me. " Nothin legal baby." I winked and spun around as I was walking backwards , when I walked away.

As I was walking away from the DX I heard footsteps behind me so I looked over my shoulder. To see nothing , so i kept going. I had to make a pretty long walk to get to the stores by the Dingo. So I took a short cut through so alley ways. I hear the footsteps get louder , I now know someone is following me. Once I have them go into the alley way someone grabs my hand and spins me around so that I'm face to face with them before I could see them I put my switchblade to there neck.

"I could have stabbed you stupid."
" Oh come on babe you would never."