chapter 5 ☆

Aspen's p.o.v

As we drive away from the DX I came up with a crazy idea. "Bob stop the car." "What why?" "I wanna get out Bob." "Were on greaser terf let me take you home." "Bob stop the car." "Aspen I'm taking you home no matter what you say." "Robert Sheldon stop this fucking car right now or so help me I'll tell Cherry you cheated." I said keeping my eyes on the road. Right after I finished my sentence he slams on the breaks.

I open the door kiss Bob on his cheek in a mocking manner and walk towards the DX. Once I get to the DX I see Ponyboy and Johnny. " Hey guys and there friends I just wanted to say sorry for Bob's behavior." " You know you ain't gotta apologize for him right." A boy says with a movie star smile that I dont find all that appealing but it's still nice. " I know I'm just sorry , I'm Aspen Norton by the way and you are?" "I'm Sodapop and this is my bestfriend Steve."

"Well it's nice to meet you." "Say what's such a sweet and pretty girl like yourself doin dating him." Steve said. "Golly im not his girlfriend my friend Cherry is hes just a friend to me." As I said Bob and Cherry where dating Ponyboy looked pretty upset. "For what it's worth Ponyboy , Cherry thought you were real sweet and a doll like your brother Sodapop here."

After talking to the boys for a while it was closing time at the DX but I didnt wanna stop hanging out. "Aspen I know you might think we are crazy for askin but would you like to come over?" Soda asked sweetly. "Like now Sodapop?" "Yea and call me Soda." "Oh yea sure I would love too , you think your gangs gonna be ok with that?" For the first time that day Johnny spoke up.

"Maybe , maybe not but one things for sure." "And what's that Johnny." "Two-bit will enjoy your company.He heard you liked Mickey at the drive-in and basically fell head over heals for you." "I forgot which ones Two-bit." I replied sheepishly. "You wont forget after you meet him again that's for sure." Johnny chuckled. I couldn't help but look at his scar while we were talking on the way to the Curtis house. I felt overwhelmed with guilt seeing that scar that Bob gave him with his rings. "Hey Johnny." He then stopped talking to Ponyboy and came over to me. "What's up Aspen."

"Well I wanted to say that I'm real sorry for the way Bob treats you and the scar that he gave you because of his rings." "I've been through worse , so I'll be fine." "What do you mean Johnny?" "Well-" Before Johnny could explained Ponyboy jumped in. "We all think Johnny's scar makes him look real tuff." Ponyboy gave me a look as to say ' it's not time to talk about that ' I guess he was referring to what Johnny was about to say.

Once we get to the Curtis house Steve just walks in and asks for chocolate cake. ' I guess that's just how close they are ' I thought. An older more strict lookin guy came up to me and asked who I was. I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little intimidated by him. "This is Aspen Darry , Aspen this is my older brother Darrel." Ponyboy informed. "Please call me Darry. Nice to meet you." He then gave me his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you as well Darry."

"Two this is Aspen the girl from the drive-in." Johnny said with a smirk.  "What's shakin baby I'm Two-bit Matthews. Heard you like Mickey." I guess Johnny was right after all. "I would be crazy not to like Mickey just hoping one day I'll find the Mickey to my Minnie." I then dramatically sighed.

Two-bit's p.o.v

Wow I cant believe what she just said. Right then and there i wanted to go on my knee and ask her to marry me. But that's to much for now. I'm going to make a promise to my self no matter what she will end up my Minnie. "You dig okay baby." She then giggled at what I said. I found that to be the cutest thing. "Wanna beer dollface." "Maybe just one if that's fine with Darry." Darry was reading the news paper and nodded his head. I got two beers and a chunk of the cake Darry just made.

"Here you go." "Why thank you Two-bit." I smirked to myself. "No problem Minnie." She then focused on the television but I can see the slight blush on her cheeks. That just made my smirk get bigger. "So tell me about yourself." "Well what do you wanna know." "How is it being a soc?" At this point everybody in the house payed attention to what her answer was , even Darry was dispight him looking at the paper. "Well if I'm being honest it's not easy we ain't got everything just cause we got money , for one thing socs act like there your bestfriend for another they act all fake and terrible. I wish I wasnt rich and had all this pressure of being perfect. So I could have fun and do stuff like watch Mickey all day , go to the Dingo for a milkshake , or go to the drive-in without there being a problem. But I know you guys ain't got it all good either." She sighed. Wow. I never thought someone could hate being a  soc so much. "You right it is pretty though being a greaser and not the good kind we just thought maybe you guys had everything we dont have." Ponyboy said as if he was trying to wrap his mind around what Aspen said.

"Yea well you guys have something us socs could only dream of." "Yea , and what's that?" Steve said. "You guys have real friends and y'all show feelings better then we do. Maybe its cause we give you a hard time , or because you learned to appreciate what y'all have better then we do but I'll never know  guess." Wow for such a pretty girl shes got some brains. "Well it sounds to me as you have compassion."

After our talk I walked her home even though it was dangerous.

Aspen's p.o.v

Two-bit was such a sweet guy. He called me his Minnie and made me blush a good amount of times. Golly I cant get his stupid grin out of my head. But I guess it's a good thing I cant forget him. I get to my room smiling like a mad woman , take a shower change and stop to fall asleep. I start to think of a song my mom told me about when I was younger.

I started to sing the tune thinking of Two-bit , even though I've know him for two days. "My heart has wings and I can fly. I'll touch every star in the sky. So this is the miracle the one that I've been dreaming of. Mmm mmm mmm. So this is love." And with that I fall into my slumber.