best part {14}

Olivia's POV
"I think that's all of it." I say, sighing as I close up my suitcase. Cam flashes a small, and clearly fake, smile. I tilt my head and give him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry that I have to go, Cam." I begin as I sit next to him on the bed. "But this isn't the end. We are gonna see each other in a few weeks. And until then we can talk every single day." I reassure him, trying to lighten the mood.

"I know, I know. I'm just really gonna miss you. A few weeks is a long time. I just wanna spend every second of the day with you." He smiles slightly, looking up from his lap and into my eyes. I smile and kiss him on the cheek. "I'll miss you too."

It's silent for a few moments and we sit there, holding onto each other like there's no tomorrow. He pulls away and kisses me on the lips. It was only a few seconds but it felt like years. "We should get going. Your flight is in a few hours. Do you have everything?" He says, standing up from the bed.

I check my small backpack, making sure I had my wallet, passport, phone, and any essentials. I nod my head and smile at Cam. We walk down stairs and he carries my suitcase for me. When I reach the bottom of the steps and turn the corner, I see all the boys sitting in the couch in the living room.

"I'm have to get going, guys." I say sadly. They all turn to me with sad expressions on their faces and all conversations come to a pause. Quickly, the scurry to their feet's and walk over to me. I hug them one by one as they say their goodbyes, wishing me luck and a safe flight. "Bye, Mace." I smile sadly.

Besides Cam, Mason was the hardest to say goodbye to. We had gotten so close and he felt like my own brother. He was so protective and sweet. When I needed him, he was there. He looks down and I see a tear fall down his cheek. This immediately triggers my own tears to fall and I hug him tightly. "I'll see you soon, okay?" I say, pulling away and putting my hands in his shoulders.

He looks into my eyes and nods. "I'm gonna miss you." He says. I nod my head. "I'll miss you too. You can always visit." I reassure. We finally part ways and say our final goodbyes.

I turn around to see a distraught looking Cam. His nose is red and he is staring down at his feet, a few tears staining his cheeks. "Let's get going, love." I say as I walk over to him and grab his hand. He quickly wipes his tears away and nods.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Cam helps me with my bags as we arrive at the terminal. "Thanks." I say, swinging my bag over my shoulder. He stares at me and I see his eyes begin to water. Mine do the same and I quickly pull him in for a hug. We stand there for a while, just enjoying the moment. I finally pull away and look up at him. I stand on my tippy toes and peck him on the lips.

"Goodbye, Cam. I'll see you in about two weeks, okay?" I smile. He nods sadly and kisses me once more. "Text me when you get to New Zealand. I love you." He says. "I love you too."

I roll my suitcase towards the entrance and turn around to see Cam one last time before I go. He is still standing there, a sad smile on his face. I wave goodbye and turn on my heel, walking inside the airport.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
"Flight 437, your plane is now boarding. Please head to your gate." I grab my suitcase and backpack, making my way up to the desk. I hand the young lady my ticket and she smile at me as she scans it. "Have a safe trip!" She says cheerfully. "Thank you!" I smile back.

I sit down at my seat and immediately pull my phone out, texting Cam.

just got on the plane, I'll text you when i get home. love you lots <3

Cam
Okay, love. have a safe trip, I love you too. <3

I put my phone on airplane mode and plug in my headphones, shuffling through my playlist. I let the sad music play loudly in my ears to drown out the sound around me. I stare out the window and watch as the plane lifts off the ground.