Chapter 2

It stopped. This was a different scent to the other scents all over the place, this was contrary to what it knew. It smelled the scent harder, to diagnose the scent to a species. Something like it, yes, but something like the dreaded others, great. A hybrid. It could tell that the it had found a creature who didn't know what the creature was. It snifffed, and followed the scent in the most recent direction, after a bit of going around in circles, it managed it, all the time ignoring the creatures walking around. 

Griz stopped. She looked to her right, at the library, this was the place she needed to stop by before she left, she walked over to the cream stone building, about three stories tall. Opening the door, she smelt the smell of glorious old books. She walked to the desk.

"Hello Griz, it is nice to..." the librarian's voice carried away as she saw Griz's face. "What has happened?"

"It's nice to see you to, Mrs Andson. I errr... I need to leave the city..."

Mrs Andson's face dropped from her happy smiling face to a sadder face. "I am most sorry to hear that. If you can wait here, I've got something for you." Mrs Andson walked into the small office behind. 

Griz looked at the library around her, remembering every little detail, from the animal encyclopaedia that need a new spine label, to a book on tigers that was shiny and new. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell of books, new and old. She heard someone coming towards her.

"Here you are. I know it is battered, it was to go... but I know that you loved this book." Mrs Andson's voice said, usually it was kind and jolly, but it had a hint of sadness in it. Griz turned around to face her, saw the book in the librarian's hands, it was old, brown and most certainly well used and battered. It was her favourite book in the whole library.

"Thank you so much for this... I will never forget this place, or you." Griz said, and smiled at the end.

"You have earned it, the library wouldn't be so neat if it was not for you." Mrs Andson said, watching Griz. "Good bye, I hope to see you in the future, and even if you have grown, and look different, I will still know it will be you. I have reasons behind my assumption." 

"Thank you ever so much Mrs Andson." Griz said, before turning to leave.

"Be careful!" The librarian said audibly. 

"I always am!" She called back, smiling she left the quiet library. 

It stopped. The scent trail went inside the cream stoned building, but also out. It sniffed, vaguely aware of the creatures walking past busy looking at the shops or a little cuboid they hold in their hand. It searched for the newest trail. It smelt and smelt, making sure, then doubly sure it had gotten the correct trail. It headed away from the building and through the busy streets to find the one who was making this trail. 

 The wind blowed against it, making the scents drift its way. It smelt a fresh scent, one of the ones it was going to hunt, it had the feeling that it was being hunted. It glanced around, looking past the worthless creatures that got in the way. The scent came from multiple directions. It saw them, they hadn't spotted it, yet, they were following something, they were hunting. A new urge to find the creature took it over, it ran through the streets, smelling all the way. It passed through the creatures, who couldn't even see it, the stupid blind things, when it thought about it, otherwise it jumped over them. 

 It raced those hunting the same as it, not knowing where they were, or how many, it didn't want to stop to check. It ran into an alley after the scent before stopping. There were four of the cross-breeds standing in front of it, it knew what they were, and they knew what it was. It turned, only to find the way it had come closed off by four more. Hissing it stood, standing parallel to the walls around it. It looked at those around it, the black haired female was standing next to a white haired female, along with a grey and a blonde. On the other side it had a red-head, a ginger, a light brown and a dark brown. It glanced between the four, deciding what to do.