Chapter 16

Griz watched the two dragons claw at each other, the tip of the green dragon's tail shimmered slightly before the dragon drive it at the other shifted creature.

They parted for a second, both were scratched and cut in many places. Both examined their injuries, and the other's injuries. They threw themselves at each other, the elemental dragon was starting to weaken.

"Which one do we want to win?"

"The elemental. Why?"

"That one is losing, the poison dragon is going to win."

"How do you-

"That poison dragon is a cheater. They agreed to shift, but not use abilities, powers, that sort of thing."

"What can we do?"

"Nothing."

"What about telling someone?"

"They wont believe us."

"Someone else must have noticed..."

"If they had, do you think this would be happening?"

"No... Unless they thought it was a trick of the light..." Griz closed her eyes, she used the same method as she normally did, but changed it, instead of for her, she did it for the poison dragon. 

 Griz opened her eyes to see the effects of what she had done, there was liquid on the end of the poison dragon's tail, the dark green dragon plunged the tail into the other dragon, who snarled as it did the same, but without the shine on the end of the tail, to the other shifted creature. 

The crowd was murmuring, a couple had seen the shine on the end of the tail, Griz just hoped that the black dragon wouldn't go down. The dragon she was hoping would win got pushed away, it was not in a good shape, it was bleeding from multiple places and breathing heavily. It turned it's ginormous head to look at Griz for a second before it closed its eyes and shifted.

 It turned into a black dragon, it opened its dark grey eyes. It stopped breathing so quickly and stood up taller.

"Night dragon, strongest at night. A wise choice." Her mentor said.

Griz had not noticed the sky turn black, the dragon's underside and under the wings had little white bits of white that closely resembled the night sky above. The dragon leaped at the dark green dragon, who had been staring at the black dragon. The poison dragon snapped into focus as the night dragon was on them, they fought with their teeth, claws and tail. 

 They fought for a couple of minutes, neither giving in. Then the night dragon stepped back a little before charging at the green dragon's chest, who got nocked backwards. The night dragon nocked the poison dragon's head with one ginormous paw and put its mouth around the green dragon's neck, who went as still as a statue.

"She will be taught!" The eldest said, Griz grinned, she wasn't going to die, at least, not yet. The dragons stepped away and sat down before shifting back to their normal selves. Others went to help them with their injuries. 

"You have a lot to learn." Her old mentor said, looking down at her.

"I do." Griz said. She smiled a thank you to the creature who had shifted from being a night dragon, who nodded.