Chapter 8

She must have fallen asleep or unconscious sometime after being pulled away by the creature. The hand had been wrinkly, very wrinkly, and felt a bit like very old paper. She blinked, trying to get the blurriness out of her eyes. She rubbed her eyes, and what was left of the sleep fell away. She looked around the room, it wasn't really a room, it probably had been a couple of hundred years ago, but the wooden beams had fell, and now the cloudy sky was the ceiling, most of the stone walls were standing, there was one large hole, probably a couple of meters wide, at the bottom of one wall, and plants, and a tree, covered the ground. 

 Standing up, she walked out of the old small castle thing, but she felt dizzy, but she kept walking to the large hole in the wall, and her vision went black, she still carried on walking, stumbling was a more accurate way to describe the way she moved. She passed a sign that said 'Dangerous building. Keep out.' and walked over to the cloaked figure, who was sitting on a rock.

"Where are we?"

"Cquas?"

"What? I don't speak that language." She did sign actions to go with her words, a shake of head  and a point at the creature.

The creature shook its head and got up and walked over to Griz, who stiffened at the approach of the creature. It nodded and tapped Griz's head with a grey finger, before tapping its cloaked head. 

She closed her eyes, trying to guess what the word meant in English. 

"Cquas."

"Cquas..." Griz murmured. She opened her eyes to find the creature looking at her, at least she thought that it was looking at her, "What...?"

The creature nodded.

"That was a question, but I guess that was the answer... Cquas is what.

"So, where are we?"

—-___—-

It didn't actually know where they were, it had kind of teleported here, its abilities had been coming back, slowly. Hopefully this creature would know, once it had been taught how to do it, it knew how to do it, in theory, but couldn't do it.

It poked the female and started to pretend to dig into the ground, then it turned back to the female and tapped her head. The female looked confused for a second before nodding and sat down on it's rock, with her eyes closed.

—-___—-

"Cumbria? I think it's Cumbria." Griz said, how they'd gotten to Cumbria, overnight, was a mystery to her. The air felt chillier, but lighter, it was missing the pollution that a city had, because they were in, pretty much, the middle of nowhere. The creature spun to look at the woods behind, and started hurrying away, having no idea what to do, Griz followed her kidnapper. They really needed to understand each other's language, because this was not working. "How the hell did we get into Cumbria? South Cumbria!" She mutttered to herself. She jogged after the creature, who had picked up the pace, Griz glanced over her shoulder to see... humans, human beings, who were walking, in the countryside. Harmless. She sighed and shook her head, but kept following the creature. 

 They reached some trees, a bit further along from where the walkers appeared from. The creature climbed over the wooden fence, about shoulder height, and dropped into the bushes and trees. Griz followed.