Chapter 20

One of the creatures, Griz found it a bit weird that she didn't know what they were, or their rides, flew in front, searching for the Milorme hybrids. They traveled like this for a couple of hours, the sun had risen into the sky, but the precise whereabouts were unknown, a thin lair of clouds covered the sky, and were getting thinner the further south they flew. It had been a thunderstorm a mere minute ago. 

  The tracker stopped. The stone was shining below, a lot of rock had been blasted from this hill, little yellow trucks drove around the site, the same size as a grain of curried rice. The tracker turned and hovered over the woods next to the quarry. The group followed, each rider carefully guiding their mount to the ground below, the group landed in a clearing, near the edge of the quarry, a chest height wire fence separating the clearing from a long drop, or a very small one, depending on how tall you were. 

  Griz slid down the long, for her, front right leg of Kel's mount and landed on the stone below before growing to a how she looked before she added her wings and before everything interesting happened. She wanted her abilities to be a surprise. 

  All thirteen of the creatures stood in front of their mounts, Griz hanging on the end, next to Kel. Eight humanoid forms came out of the trees. The Milorme hybrids were outnumbered. That should make life a whole lot easier. There was a rustle from the trees, Griz looked to the trees, she hadn't realised she'd been weighing up the hybrids. 

 Growls came from the trees, a couple dozen larger then normal wolves walked out of the trees. This made her life harder, she didn't really want to kill anyone. One of the wolves turned into a man.

"Oh great, I knew about those thirteen. Who is the girl?"

"Someone who has been caught up in this big mess." The white haired female said.

  Griz sighed before murmuring to Kel, "When are we going?" Her voice changed part way through to how the other creatures talked. 

  Kel smiled at her, "As soon we finish. You have found your voice."

  Griz smiled back.

"Hybrid change." The eldest said.

 Griz leaped forwards, shifting into a slightly larger version of the Blahia. The fur was the same colour as her hair, her eyes remained the same. She made her claws and teeth sharper,  and changed her fur to scales as an afterthought. She growled at the others they were against, who took a step back from her scales wolf. 

"How?" The white haired female said in the creatures' language, looking at Griz's scaled wolf.

 Kel smirked at the hybrids' reactions, "She's different." 

 The female's bones cracked and she shifted into a white Blahia. The other seven shifted, as did the shifted wolf, who trotted back to his kind. 

"All attack." The eldest growled. None of Kel's kind shifted, instead they wielded their own powers. Kel summoned knives the same colour as Griz's skin,  and walked over to her as the others attacked.

  "You can do so much more. Imagine it. Bring it into reality." Kel whispered before lunging into the battle. If that's true... she closed her eyes, and tried to imagine. Then quickly opened her eyes. 

 She had forgotten that she was in the middle of a battlefield. 

Griz wasn't even sure how, but she had. Cries of pain, anger and victory rang out every now and then. Griz looked around before advancing into the trees for cover. She closed her eyes.

What do you want to do?

I don't know.

Think of something Griz!

I want this to end.

How do we do that?

We fight...

Or?

We make peace.

How do we do that?

Emm... Peace talks? 

No time for that.

Show that we can live side by side.

How do we show that?

Erm... I have an idea.