Chapter 11

"She used to meet me on the EastsideIn the city where the sun don't setAnd every day you know that we rideThrough the backstreets of a blue CorvetteBaby, you know I just wanna leave tonightWe can go anywhere we want"

In the city where the sun don't set
And every day you know that we ride
Through the backstreets of a blue Corvette
Baby, you know I just wanna leave tonight
We can go anywhere we want"

"She used to meet me on the EastsideIn the city where the sun don't setAnd every day you know that we rideThrough the backstreets of a blue CorvetteBaby, you know I just wanna leave tonightWe can go anywhere we want"

Third Person POV

" Kimi, you're going to do fine. " Delilah said to Kimiko as she tried to reason with her. Instead, Kimiko let the advice go in one ear and out the other as she continued to write every topic that she needed to speak about at the conference and frequently paced the room looking for God knows what. She was meeting with the school advisors and the dean to discuss her plans of action for the semester and what she had in store for the students.

" Kimiko. Are you even listening- Avery, help me out here! " Delilah said as Avery was busy doing the same and assisting Kimiko in her office as well. Kimiko finally looked up and sighed.

" I'm sorry Dee, but I just want everything to be perfect. I don't want any mishaps or accidents, it's our first meeting... " She said and Delilah nodded her head as she looked over to the clock..

" I know... I wanted to see if you had any time before you had to go and I had my next class but it's alright.. I'll see you after your violin lessons. " Kimiko nodded and said a quick goodbye as Delilah left.

She grabbed the last of her things and walked with Avery as they approached the conference room. 

" Miss... if I may- " Avery spoke and Kimiko glared at him.

" Why do you insist on addressing me as such? I thought we established a first name basis, it's been two years Avery. "

" Kimiko... I would suggest time managing a bit more and finding time to spend with Delilah. She may be feeling a sort of neglect. "

" Neglect? What do you mean? Delilah tells me everything. " 

" Perhaps she doesn't want to distract you from your upcoming duties.. You two do spend a lot of time together and it has changed slightly over the past few weeks or so.. "