Chapter 12

"Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distanceI know that you're the feelin' I'm missingYou know that I hate to admit itBut everything means nothin' if I can't have youI can't write one song that's not about youCan't drink without thinkin' about youIs it to...

I know that you're the feelin' I'm missing
You know that I hate to admit it
But everything means nothin' if I can't have you
I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?"

"Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distanceI know that you're the feelin' I'm missingYou know that I hate to admit itBut everything means nothin' if I can't have youI can't write one song that's not about youCan't drink without thinkin' about youIs it to...

Delilah's POV

" Minimize interactions with them; no need to prolong any unnecessary conversations. Be attentive, make sure you follow along in all discussions to find any loopholes we can discuss later- " My father said, but I cut him off as I sighed.

" I feel like you give us this same lecture every time we're going to see anyone and because this is Calvin in particular, I feel like your preparing us for an upcoming war. "

My mother entered the room with Tyler on her hip and nodded her head, " Which is utterly useless because this lunch is met for you two to calm these differences you both have, not create more. "

" Exactly why I'm trying to prepare the children for what lies ahead. "

" Killian nothing is going to happen- " My mother started, but my brother spoke, quickly dismissing it. 

" You don't know that for a fact, mother. For all we know, Calvin could be trying to plot against us as we speak," Zachary said, entering the room as he fixed his tie. 

" What have I told you about encouraging your father, Zachary?! " She asked, growing irritated, and Zach shrugged.

" When you feed his ego, you get places in life. After 15 years of marriage mother,  I'm surprised you haven't figured that out. " My father shrugged his shoulders as he stood up.

" He's not wrong, love. " My mother sighed, and I watched as my father placed a small kiss on the top of her head.

" But if you really want me to, I'll make eye contact with him and make an effort to hold a conversation. " She rolled her eyes and walked away.