"Goodnight"

10 years ago

The sounds of screaming filled your ears. You sat in the darkest corner of the room, with both hands on your ears, hoping to block the screams.

The air was filled with fire. The tall grass burned as the fire spread. Gun shots were heard. You couldn't move, you didn't dare too move. You where afraid.

Present Day

Nick Valentine P.O.V

New Case File : CONFIDENTIAL
Commonwealths Killer

I've been trying for years now. Every time I think I get closer, I find myself more lost than ever.

I don't know who this mysterious killer is, but they have killed many people willingly, may it be Raiders , Gunners, Settlements. It didn't matter, they would kill and leave all the corps to rot and leave without a trace.

I need to find out who this is before they kill again.

Y/n P.O.V

You where walking around the commonwealth with a pistol at one hand. And in the other, a baby German Shepard. You yourself,Covered in blood of Raiders, You found the dog crying underneath a bridge. Wet, starving and near death. You didn't know how long it's been there but you only thanked god that you left your home today.

After killing off the Raiders, you traveled back home. To feed the dog, shower it, and possibly keep it or throw it back out into the world to run free.

Traveling east of the South Boston military checkpoint, and just south of Andrews station. There's a ruined freeway.
(This is an actual area you can find in the game)

You walked over to an area filled with a number of fusion generators,and a maintenance elevator, going all the way to the second level of the broken down freeway.

Getting on the elevator, you pushed the red button. You then heard the baby shepherd cry. You held it close to you, holing it with its back facing the ground and it's legs facing up, you can feel it's bones of how long it haven't eaten, it's fur. Dirty, wet, it only hurt to see a dog so poorly taken care of.

Finally reaching the second floor, the area is small. The area crumbles of from the right, and later then crumbles on over to the left, it was a very good walking distance but you were still cautious. There was a rubble ramp heading north that lead to the leave below you.

Walking across a plywood ramp that lead from the elevator leading to a trailer. You had a small set up, you had a nice bed with two pillows, multiple blankets and a teddy bear laying on the bed.

You had a drawer full of clothes, and on it was a radio that played the Diamond City radio.

Turning it on. You heard a voice.

Coming from- uuuh.. jewel green- I mean.. the.. err The Great Green Jewel! Of the commonwealth... it's.. The Diamond City Radio!

A voice played, very nervous, and anxious. Just hearing him talk sometimes made you either feel sorry for the guy or made you nervous and anxious yourself for no reason at all.

There's.. 60 Minute Man. And well... it's not taking about how long his naps are.. 

He laughed nervously, you couldn't help but to cringe a little at his struggle. Soon the song began to play.

You tapped your fingers and sang softly along to the song. You pulled out a bucket, it was mid size, very wide. Wide enough to shower a full grown man.

You poured water from large tanks you had at the side of your tailer, the water was clean and warm do to being outside in the heat.

You poured enough water for the new pup, just a little above it's paws and an inch below it's stomach, you began to rub it with soap. Washing off the dirt, you saw the amount of dirt falling you thought you might have to shower it twice.

"Well, aren't you a dirty one?" You finally spoke. You smiled at the dog as you scrubbed it's body.

——-

After you showered the dog, you allowed it to get air dry, you didn't have towels nor did you take the time to go around to look for them.

The sun was falling and it was about time to turn on the lights. Around your home, you had gates, fences, wires all around the edges that you can possibly fall from, and around the fence. You hung lights all around, not to bright to call any unwanted attention, but bright enough to see around you. With a flip of a switch, dim lights turned on.

You watched as the new dog run inside the trailer and you followed it after.

"So boy.. looks like you're stuck with me for a while" you said to it, you knew it was a boy after you showered it. You had a hand on your chin.

"What should I call you?" You thought as you looked at the dog.

"Riley?" You questioned.
"Nah.. it's cute but maybe not for you.." you thought of another name.

"Mmh, I can't think of anything right now.. guess your just dog meat for now.." you said looking at it. It seemed to respond to that.

You raised an eyebrow and repeated.
"Dogmeat" you said almost questioning.

It raised its head higher and wagged its tail.

"Dogmeat!" You said with a more confidence tone. It barked at you and stuck it's tongue out. You smiled as it practically jumped on you, the puppy was cute, you loved him.

"Alright, Dogmeat, wish it was different but.. it seems to fit huh?" You pat it's head and lifted Dogmeat into your arms.

You got into bed and got under the covers and so did Dogmeat.

"Goodnight... Dogmeat" you smiled to yourself as you closed your eyes and drifted off into dreams.

——————————

Oh boy! Back at it again huh? I really enjoyed making my first Nick Valentine book, it was a lot of fun.

In case you missed it, go read
Metal Love If you haven't yet, just so you have something to read of mine while you wait for more chapters of this! The chapters will get longer later on, be patient with me! 💜