"I can't let you"

1 week later

You where locked up in Nicks Agency. Ever since the outbreak, you've been a target for many people. The Institute, Brotherhood, and the Railroad. And you only wondered how you were caught up in the mess.

It wasn't long for Nick to run a small investigation into it.
He managed to scrap up that the Institute and Railroad had each of their own people spying on the Brotherhood.

Neither one of the side knew that they were being spied on by one another. Not until you caused the outbreak, but the reason why everyone sees you as the enemy is because you ruined the plans they each tried to make, not only ruining their plans but also getting their men killed which angered them the most.

Sitting in the agency, one thing kept repeating in your mind.
*static* -ere me?- *static* -at's going-  -spond now!- *static* -if you don't answer now then expect punishment waiting for you!

Winston. His voice constantly replayed in your mind and you couldn't get rid of it. As much as you didn't want to admit, you still feared him. Very much.

Soon,you heard the door open. Only to see nick walk in the room.

You see that he brought you food. Noodles.

As you got up to meet nick at the door.
You then felt a hard pull on your right leg. Preventing you from getting any closer to the door.

"Sit down Doll" said nick in a disappointed tone.

"Sorry, forgot I had a chain" you said.
You had a chain on your leg, he thought it would be best if you where kept hidden and for him to keep you in check. The chain was long, it was enough for you to walk around the room freely, but never enough to even reach the door nob.

As you sat down at one the the two desks nicks has. He then placed the bowl of noodles and a nuka cola drink.

As you began to eat. You see that nick even got an extra bowl.

"Dogmeat!" You heard him call.
You heard Dogmeats paws from upstairs and down the stairs to eat his bowl as well. You where glad that nick went back to get Dogmeat.

Without him, you would be going crazy if he wasn't there with you.

"Alright Doll.." you heard nick.
"You can't avoid it this time"

"Avoid what?" You asked.

" 'avoid what', Avoiding my god damn questions!" He yelled as he slammed his fist on the desk, causing your food to jiggle a bit.
"Why. Where.you there?" He asked.

"It's non of your business" you said coldly.

Nick was getting frustrated with you.
He swung his arm and threw your food across the room and onto the floor.

"Tell me, why where you there?! What where you doing?!" He asked loudly.

You looked up into his eyes. You didn't want to tell him. You felt like you would lose his respect, lose the relationship you have with him if you told him why you where at that settlement.

All because you heard a rumor?
Why where you there?
You knew it was the brotherhood using kids to fight with them right?
It was because the brotherhood where bad people.
Right?

"Y/n..." nick said as he came closer to you While he held your chin in his hand.
"Please, just tell me why"

"I can't" you said.

"Why not? I need to understand why you where there, why didn't you tell me you were planning on doing this? I thought we were working together... on fixing your image" nick said.