Chapter 9

HEY EVERYONE, SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BY LIKE TWO OR THREE MONTHS, BUT I LOST FOCUS AND INSIRATION. THEN LAST NIGHT I HAD THIS SWEET DREAM AND NOW YOU HAVE CHAPTER NINE! LOL LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENT DOWN BELOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF IT AND POINT OUT MY MISTAKES PLEASE!

The television in the classroom flickered on, a moment of static before the colorful principal showed up onscreen. He was wearing a neon green and highlighter yellow striped suit with a hat and cane to match. He cleared his throat, "Good morning to all my lovely students! This morning is a grand one indeed. We will be recognizing a truly magnificent new student who will be joining Class D with the student ID number D-40319. He will be replacing the spot of the young woman whos life was taken a few short days ago. I know it will be hard, but the school has a reputation to uphold and we can't do that without students." He laughed, "Anyway, this student has had anger issues and tantrums in the past, so we are going to try to help him shy away from the naugty child act and become an actual human being." He turned and walked toward the back of the stage then flipped his head back. "Oh and one more thing, try not to get in his face too much or he will get violent." His head flicked forward again and waved as he walked off the stage. The television turned off and we stared at each other. 

"So what the fuck does that mean?" Frederick yelled and sighed, "I swear this guy enjoys messing with us..."

I raised a brow, "What do you mean? He sounded pretty clear to me." 

"I just mean about the whole 'replacement' thing. Like what the hell is wrong with that guy? One of our own was just murdered and all he can think about is his damn reputation as a school."

He had a point, Mr. Hager was really quick to close the hole in the student numbers. But why? Why would the student body numbers be so important to him? Could it have something to do with what was going on in that creepy room? "You're right, I'm sorry." 

Miss Housman cleared her throat and began, "Today we will be going outside for all your classes. There are rules to that as well, but not nearly as many as the others. First, you cannot leave the group for any reason; if you need to use the restroom, you must let one of the teachers know and take another student with you. Second, there is no food or drink allowed beyond the door. If you're caught with it, it will be confiscated and burned in front of you. And last, but not least, there is no swimming of any kind in the river behind the school." 

Brandyn raised his hand, "What if it's really hot out and we needed to swim to save our lives?"

Miss Housman stuttered, "Well, I'm not sure. I guess it would still be off-limits." Her right eye twitched and her fingers fiddled with the hem of her jacket. 

Kingston threw an eraser at him, "Would you leave the poor woman alone, she's probably not even fully healed yet and you're badgering her about something so dumb..." 

"It could happen. You never know what could go wrong." He smiled bigger than his normal smirk.

Kingston rolled his eyes, "Sure, but you also never know what could go right. Shut your damn mouth before I shut it for you."

"What an imbicile..." I muttered under my breath. 

"Ya know what, going outside won't be so bad, it's better than being in here all day. Right Sabrina?" Leland poked Sabrina's shoulder with his pencil eraser, but she barely flinched. Come to think of it, I hadn't seen her move since Mr. Hager announced the new student. It was like she was afraid of something that he said. "Hey, are you okay?" 

Sabrina's shoulder twiched and she smiled at him, "Yeah, sorry. I'm fine, just a little distracted. What are we doing?"

She hadn't heard that whole discussion? What was going on in her brain? "We're going outside to have classes today, but we cant leave without permission and a buddy. We cant go swimming in the water behind the school and theres no food or drinks allowed either. Are you sure you're okay?" I leaned over my desk and placed my hand on her shoulder, but she shrugged it off and smiled at me.