chapter fourteen

Dionne

" Open up the door for me please "

The officer looked at me before pulling the door open.

" Thank you Mike "

I said. I begin to walk down the hallway with my suitcase in one hand. Making my heels tap with every step on the marble tile floor.

Once we finally got to the interrogation room, officer Mike opened the door for me again.

" He'll be here shortly "

He informed me and then he left. I placed my suitcase down on the table and took a seat.

" Fantastic "

I said lowly. I felt my phone buzz through the suitcase. I took it out and looked to see who it was.

SanSan💙- Did you make it yet?

Me - yes big head now stop texting me

SanSan💙- Why ?

Me - Cause im at work... duhh

SanSan💙- Dont get smart either before i beat your ass

Me - i wish you would and watch me tell Auntie

SanSan💙- Snitching ass

Me - Itching ass

SanSan💙- Im clean over here dummy, now ima tell big mama 

Me - And who's the snitch now ?

" He is so pathetic "

I said to myself and put my phone away.

The door swung open startling me. I quickly looked over and saw an officer basically being a doorstopper.

" The gentleman is here "

The cop said. Thats when another cop escorted Tay inside the room. You can tell by his face that he looks over it.

He sat down and looked around before his eyes landed back on me.

" Do you want us to stay in here "

The officer asked. Tay looked over and glared at him.

" Do she really need 6 of yall niggas in here? ", Tay questioned.

" No, yall are dismissed ", i said before it got out of hand.

Once the cops left and closed the door i cleared my throat to get Tay's attention.

" You wanna tell me why you're in here ", i asked him. He gave me a look like i was stupid.

" How about you find out why im in here then tell me ", he responded. I let out a frustrated laugh.

" Um... im here because my little cousin asked me to help you. I dont have to be here- "

" Then dont. Lets be clear I can get out my damn self ", Tay spoke cutting me off.

" Well San already paid me so i gotta stay.... lets see here ", i said. I pulled out the file from my suitcase and looked over it.

" Well looks here like they didnt read you your rights when they arrested you ", i said while still looking at the file.

" So whats that supposed to mean ", Tay asked. I could tell he was getting irritated by the sound of his voice.

" That means if i bring this to the judge's attention then they'll have to let you go "

I informed him. He sat up straight then he clapped his hands together.

" Good, now i can go back to my family ", Tay said proudly.

" Aht Aht not so fast ", i begin to say.

" What? You got the info to let me out so whats the problem "

" Just because they'll let you out does not mean that they wont be watching you "

" So i would be real careful if i was you ", i finished off saying.

Tay nodded his head. I put the file back inside the suitcase then i looked at him.

" Lets get you home ", i said.

-----------

Orlando

Life was good. I had everything under control and i couldn't be more proud of myself.

I got out if the car and walked up to the bench. I decided to call up the girls and let them have their cut.

I looked back and saw Raina and Sarah coming up the sidewalk. The other two didnt do shit so why should i pay them?

" Hey jackass where's my money at ? "

Raina asked out loud. She always have to make a scene everywhere she goes.

" Its all right here ", i told them.

Sarah wouldn't even look in my direction which i could care less about. She need to get over it and stop feeling sad about Tay.

" Well place it in my hands then because i got somewhere to be "

Raina said with her hand sticking out. I went into my suitcase and pulled out two envelopes. One for Raina and the other for Sarah. I gave it to them and watch both open them.

" Looks like its all here... come on Sarah ", Raina said as she walked off. Sarah walked up to me with pure hatred in her eyes.

" This is the last time you'll ever see or hear from me again, you got that? ", she said then she walked away. If he so happens as to get out then she will be the first person i call.

" Dont count on it baby girl ", i shouted out behind her. Of course she ignored me and kept walking.

I waited until they left to go to my car and drive off to see Phil. He wanted to congratulate me on taking down Tay. Ever since he got arrested his gang isnt doing too good. Which Phil is happy about. For him that meant no more competition in Houston.

As soon as i got there i walked inside the house and saw Phil and his boys chilling in the living room.

" Aye O wassup ", Phil yelled out as he got up and gave me a handshake.

" Nothing man just trying to go home ", i said. He nodded his head.

" Well before you continue to live your boring ass life, why dont you have a drink with us ? "

Phil snapped his fingers and a girl with only underwear and heels on came from out of the kitchen with a tray of drinks.

" Uhh.. thats ok i dont drink ", i told him.

" Ard fine by me... Kim we're good love ", Phil told the girl. She walks back into the kitchen.

" Anyway man i just wanna tell you congratulations man, you helped me now ima help you ", Phil said.

" Oh you dont have to-", i started to say then he pulled out a wad of cash.

" Nah here take it. Niggas get rewarded for being on they shit around here. Cause thats what bosses do, we handle and get shit done ", Phil said.

I nodded my head and took the money from him.

" Now you can chill here or you can be boring and go home, i aint pressuring you bruh ", he told me.

" No offense but im gonna go home, my family's waiting for me ", i told him.

" Aight man ill catch you later but aye good looking out tho ", Phil said then he walked back over to his friends.

I nodded my head and then left out.

+++++++++