Chapter 33

Keleii

We were back at home now and Kenzo was so exhausted that he fell asleep on the drive back from my mom's.

" Ima put him to bed aight ", Tay told me before walking upstairs with Kenzo.

I headed upstairs as well but I went inside our bedroom. I went in my drawer and got a oversized shirt and underwear. Then I went inside the bathroom that we have in our room.

I turned the shower on letting it get hot while I got undressed. I stepped in the shower letting the hot water touch my body. The steam felt so refreshing on my face that I fell in relaxation. As soon as I closed my eyes from wetting my face with water, a flashback from when I was locked up in that dark room popped up in my head.

I immediately opened my eyes then I shook my head. I hugged myself when I felt the feeling of heaviness from the chains back on my wrists and ankles. All of a sudden it felt cold and the feeling of being in that room all came back at once. At that moment in time all I could do was call out Tay's name. I felt like doing that now so that's what I did.

I let the tears come down my face. I heard footsteps and then he popped up in the bathroom.

" Baby what's wrong ? ", Tay asked.

" Come in here with me. I don't wanna be alone ", I told him. Tears steady coming down my face.

He went and got undressed before joining me in the shower. He held onto me then I laid my head on his chest. I stared off into space trying to figure out how to ask this question that I've been wanting to ask.

" Why does this keep happening? ", I asked Tay. He held me tighter then he kissed me on the forehead.

" sounds like PTSD ", he told me.

I looked at the shower wall wishing that all the things that happened to me didn't happen. Tay kept holding onto me telling me that everything was gonna be alright. But I don't believe it.

Phil

Since I been staying at Scotty's just to lay low, I haven't even thought about going back to my own place.

I know if I go back I'm gonna have foul memories brought up in my head. The ones that make you go insane.

Like my little cousin Aaron. He was like my little brother. Him dying like that didn't make no sense. Why couldn't he do what I say? If he would've just kept his mouth closed then he would've still been here. Now because of him now I'm afraid to go back home.

" Ayo I'm about to head to see Monae, you gone be straight meeting up with Waldo alone ", Scotty asked.

" People know not to mess with me ", was all I said before going outside.

Scotty headed over to a car and got in. Then they pulled off down the street. I got in mine and went to the place Manny told me to go.

30 minutes later

" Where's this dude at ? ", I asked no one in particular. I been standing here waiting on Waldo but he ain't show up yet.

I was about to go to my car until I saw a black Escalade truck pull in the abandoned parking lot I was standing in.

A dude, must be Waldo, got out and begin walking over to me along with his security.

" You must be Phil ? ", Waldo asked.

" Yeah man.. w-what took so long ? ", I asked already annoyed.

" I know I was a bit late but I had business to take care of. Had to see some people before I came here ", he told me. Suddenly I begin to get a bad feeling.