Chapter 1: The End & The Beginning

Rating: PG-13.

Warnings: Swearing.

Word Count: 1,201

Edit: 6/21/19 - 1,913 - Lengthed, Fixed, added an Extra.

Pairings: None.

Disclaimer: I sadly do not own Naruto nor any characters from it.

AN: Random Updates. Please Read & Review. Enjoy the chapter.

Naruto blinked slowly, his brain felt a bit foggy from his recent unconscious state. He shook his head a bit and sluggishly let his eyes roam around. All he saw where the battered and still bleeding bodies of his dead comrades littered around him. It was a battlefield. It was all coming back to him now. The final battle with Kaguya and losing the last of his friends and comrades.

Now that his brain was pretty much fully kicked back in Naruto had registered that his body temperature was unnaturally cold and... wet? This prompted him to glance down at himself and see the blood that was pooling around his body. His blood. I'm dying. That's all he thought as blood trickled out of his mouth and slid down his chin.

Well, it was going to happen to him sooner or later and he accepted it. So, he tore his eyes away from his wounds and looked up at the sky. It was black, all shadows and darkness. It had been that way ever since she was revived.

Everyone had tried to stop her but they just weren't enough. The Five Great Nations wasn't enough. Naruto and Sasuke got their power boosts and were seconds away from killing Madara but they weren't quick enough. Zetsu released the seal and Kaguya was revived. The shinobi that were left retreated, but with every battle, their numbers dwindled until you could count everyone left on one hand.

He and Sasuke had grown stronger with each battle but so did she. They could never get far enough ahead of her for it to matter. And after Sasuke was killed well... They knew they were finished at that point.

Three years was how long it lasted, three years against The Goddess. But at that point, Naruto was just fighting because he was supposed too, mostly all of his precious people were already dead. Though they are all dead now and Naruto soon would be too. Or at least that was how it was supposed to be.

The fox inside of him had other ideas. He had been with his host throughout it all and had helped him since the very beginning, even if it was for his own personal gain at first. But after the kit had accepted him and even went as far as saying that he'd carry all of his hatred... Well, Kurama couldn't help but care. Naruto treated him the same way the Sage had and the boy reminded him very much of the old man. He wasn't going to let his kit just die like that.

'Naruto, I know of a way we can fix this.' Kurama had suddenly said.

Naruto would've laughed at that if he had the strength. 'Fix what.? Everyone's already dead, Kurama. There's nothing left to fix. ' he choked out.

'In this time, yes, but we can go back . We can make it so this never happened and save everyone. We can kill Zetsu before he starts.' The fox growled out and Naruto could feel the beast's intense gaze on him.

Naruto thought about it and decided that if he could stop this, save all of his precious people, then he'd do whatever Kurama needed him to do for this to work.

'Okay, Kyuu I'm in. What do we have to do?'

'First off, Don't call me that brat,' he growled lowly then continued.

'Now, what we are going to do is activate my Time Travel Jutsu. Since we have both of my halves, pieces of the other eight Biju's chakra, and your chakra, we'll have enough for the journey.' The fox showed a grin that was all teeth and continued, 'And this jutsu will allow us to keep all of our current power when we merge with our past selves So... where do you want to start, kit?' Kurama questioned with an evil smirk. He could just imagine sinking his teeth into Zetsu and ripping him apart. Slowly.