Chapter 6: Coup Averted!

UPDATED! I know you guys read this chapter already but I deleted it so you guys would know I've updated the story. I went back through it and re-did all of the chapters and some stuff has changed. I'd highly recommend going back and rereading the entire thing.

My One Piece story is next and then I'll be back with more chapters.

Rating: PG-13.

Warnings: Swearing.

Word Count: 6,161

Pairings: None.

Edit: 6/27/19 - 7,412 - Lengthened and Edited.

Disclaimer: I sadly do not own Naruto nor any characters from it.

AN: Random Updates. Please Read & Review. Enjoy the chapter.

Naruto could hear the kids behind him conversing about random kid stuff and basically just getting to know each other. The girls eventually migrated to one another and were on the left side of him. He could hear Ino chattering to Hinata and Sakura about flowers, ribbons, and girly stuff so he tuned it out.

He decided to focus on the kids to his right which was Kiba, Choji, and Shikamaru talking about ninja stuff and the Inuzuka saying he was getting a pup soon. Well, at least the boys were taking the academy more seriously than the girls. Though Naruto could tell it wasn't by much. Still, it was better than nothing.

But then again all of them were only six. Still, the blond knew just how much one needed to grow up quickly in this world... then again his friends were strong - or would be - so he had no reason to be worried. He would always be there to protect them this time around, he wasn't losing any of them to war again. His friends were only allowed to die from old age or over his dead body, or kami so help him he would lose it. He knows he can't always be there to protect them but he was sure as hell going to always try.

(He didn't care if it was selfish. He was allowed to be for once in his life.)

He shook those thoughts from his head and focused his attention back to the group. He and Sasuke were in the middle with him next to the girls and the raven next to the boys. Sasuke was leading them to the Uchiha compound for their first of many play dates. He would make sure there were more at least.

He was slightly surprised that the boy didn't speak up and try to get them to go somewhere else but Naruto had to keep in mind that this was a different Sasuke. He was still the soft little boy with a family, not the angst-filled preteen or hatred-driven teenager from his timeline.

'At least the brat was entertaining.' Kurama decided to so helpfully add his opinion. And he decided not to dignify that with an answer.

When the Uchiha Compound came into view Sasuke suddenly halted which caused the rest of the group to follow suit. The boy turned around to face them and the blond could tell from his posture that he was nervous, playing with his hands, avoiding eye contact, and biting his bottom lip slightly.

Naruto stared in confusion as did the rest of them. "Why'd you stop Sasuke?"

Sasuke looked up at them and spoke quietly. "It's just... my Father is very... serious so could you guys please be respectful." The group looked at each other and all of them were startled when Naruto suddenly started to laugh. He could see the raven starting to get mad so he shook off the laughter and held up his hands in a placating way.

"It's just that... Sasuke.... you do realize that almost all of us are Clan Heir's, right?" He gestured to all of them except Sakura. "We know when to mind our manners so relax." He finished and grinned sincerely at the boy.