Satisfied

Alright alright! Now, everyone, give it up for the man of honor, Angelo Schuyler!

A toast to the groom! - (To the groom! To the groom! To the groom!) 

To the bride! - (To the bride! To the bride! To the bride!) 

From your brother! - (Angelo, Angelo, Angelo!) 

Who is always by your side! - (By your side!)

To your union! - (To the union! To the revolution!) 

 And the hope that you provide! - (You provide, you provide!)

May you always! - (Always!)

Be satisfied - (rewind....)

Rewind, rewind...

Helpless... Sky's... Sky's... Helpless... Drownin'... Drownin'... Rewind...

I remember that night I just might - (Rewind!)

I remember that night I remember that

I remember that night I just might regret that night for the rest of my days! I remember those soldier girls trippin' over themselves to win our praise. I remember that dreamlike candlelight like a dream that you can't quite place! But Alexandra! I'll never forget the first time I saw your face! I have never been the same. Intelligent eyes in a hunger pang frame! And when you said "Hi" I forgot my dang name! Set my heart aflame, ev'ry part aflame! This is not a game!

You strike me as a man who has never been satisfied.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean; you forget yourself.

You're like me; I'm never satisfied

Is that right?

I have never been satisfied.

My name is Angelo Schuyler.

Alexandra Hamilton.

Where's your fam'ly from?

Unimportant; there's a million things I haven't done but just you wait, just you wait!

So so so! So this is what it feels like to match wits with someone at your level what the hell is the catch! It's a feeling of freedom of seein' the light! It's Belle Franklin with a key and a kite! You see it, right? The conversation lasted two minutes, maybe three minutes, everything we said in total agreement! It's a dream and it's a bit of a dance. A bit of a posture, it's a bit of a stance. She's a bit of a flirt, but I'mma give her a chance. I asked about her family, did you see her answer? Her hands started fidgeting, she was disconcert! She's penniless; she's flyin' by the hem of her skirt.

Beautiful does she know it? Long hair and she won't even show it! I wanna take her far away from this place then I turn and see my brother's face and he is—

Helpless

And I know he is—

Helpless

And his eyes are just—

Helpless

And I realize three fundamental truths at the exact same time!

Where are you taking me?

I'm about to change your life.

Then by all means, lead the way.

Number one!

I'm a boy in a world in which my only job is to marry rich. My mother has only sons so I'm the one who has so social climb for one. 'Cause I'm the oldest and the wittiest and the gossip in New York City is insidious. And Alexandra is penniless— Ha!— that doesn't mean I want her any less.

Elijah Schuyler. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Schuyler?

My brother.

Number two!

She's after me 'cause I'm a Scuyler brother, that elevates her status I'd have to be naive to set that aside. Maybe that is why I introduce to Elijah now she's his bride! Nice going Angelo she was right; you will never be satisfied...

Thank you for all your service.

If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it.

I'll leave you to it!

Number three!

I know my brother like I know my own mind you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind! If I tell him that I love her he'd be silently resigned; she's be mine! He would say "I'm fine!"

He'd be lying!

But when I fantasize at night it's Alexandra's eyes as I romantize what might have been if I hadn't sized her up so quickly. At least she's dear Elijah's wife. At least I keep her eyes in my life...

To the groom! - (To the groom! To the groom! To the groom!)

To the bride! - (To the bride! To the bride! To the bride!) 

 From your brother! - (Angelo, Angelo, Angelo!) 

 Who is always by your side! - (By your side!) 

 To your union! - (To the union! To the revolution!) 

And the hope that you provide! - (You provide, you provide!)

May you always! - (Always!)

Be satisfied

And I know (Be satisfied be satisfied be satisfied)

He'll be happy with her as his bride (Be satisfied be satisfied be satisfied)

And I know (Be satisfied be satisfied be satisfied)

She will never be satisfied... I will never be satisfied.