Wait For It

Theodore writes me a letter every day. - (Every day every day every day every day)

I'm keeping his bed warm while his wife is away. (Is away is away is away is away)

She's on the British side in Georgia. She's tryin' to keep the colonies in line.

But she can keep all of Georgia; Theodore, he's mine.

Love doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep loving anyways. We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes and if there's a reason I'm by his side when so many have tried then I'm willing to wait for it. I'm willing to wait for it.

My grandmother was a fire and brimstone preacher - (preacher preacher preacher preacher)

But there are things that the homilies and hymns won't teach y'a. - (Teach y'a, teach y'a, teach y'a, teach y'a)

My father was a genius - (Genius)

My mother commanded respect - (Respect)

When they died they left no instructions; just a legacy to protect.

Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep living anyways. We rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes and if there's a reason I'm still alive when everyone who loves me has died then I'm willing to wait for it. I'm willing to wait for it.

Wait for it! Wait for it! Wait for it! Wait for it!

I am the one thing in life I can control! ...

I am inimitable, I am an original...

I'm not falling behind or running late! - (Late! Late! Late!)

I'm not standing still I am lying in

Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!

Hamilton faces an endless uphill climb! - (Climb! Climb! Climb!)

She has something to prove! She has nothing to lose! - (Lose! Lose! Lose!)

Hamilton's pace is relentless— she wastes no time! - (Time! Time! Time!)

What is it like in her shoes?

Hamilton doesn't hesitate. She exhibits no restraint, she takes and she takes and she takes and she keeps winning anyways. She changes the game, plays and she raises the stakes and if there's a reason she seems to thrive when so few survive then goddammit I'm willing to wait for it!

I'm willing to wait for it...

Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep living anyways. We rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes and if there's a reason I'm still alive when so many have died then I'm willing to—

Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it.