What'd I Miss?

This is the very first song I genderbent so... I'm proud of it. 

Seventeen. Se-se seventeen. Se-se seventeen.

1789

How does the bastard, orphan, immigrant, decorated war vet, unite the colonies through more debt? Fight the other Founding Mothers 'till she has to forfeit? Have it all, lose it all, you ready for more yet? Treasury Secretary, Washington's the president. Every American experiment sets a precedent. Not so fast, someone came along to resist her. Pissed her off 'till we had two parties, sister! You haven't met her yet, you haven't had the chance, 'cause she's been kicking ass as the ambassador to France! But someone's gotta keep the American promise. You simply must meet Tanya. Tanya!

Tanya Jefferson's comin' home! Tanya Jefferson's comin' home.

Tanya Jefferson's comin' home! Lord, she's been off in Paris for so long!

Ah-ooh!

Ah-ooh!

Ah—!

France is following us to revolution there is no more status quo! But the sun comes up and the world still spins.  (Ah-ooh!) I helped Lafayette draft a declaration then I said "I gotta go! I gotta be in Monticello." Now the work at home begins...

Ah-ooh!

So what'd I miss? What'd I miss? Virgina my home sweet home, I wanna give you a kiss! Muah. I've been in Paris meeting some important ladies! I guess I basically missed the late '80s! I've traveled the wide, wide, world and came back to this.

What did I miss? Ah-ooh!

There's a letter on my desk from the President. Haven't even put my bag down yet. Samual, be a ram, darlin' wont'cha open it? It says the President's assemblin' a cabinet and that I gotta be the Secretary of State! Great! And that I'm already senate approved. I just got home and now I'm headin' up to New York.

Headin' to New York! Headin' to New York! 

Lookin' at the rollin' fields I can't believe that we are free!

Ready to face whatever's awaiting me in NYC!

But who's waiting for me when I step in the place? My friend Jade Madison, red in the face! She grabs my arm and I respond "What's goin' on?"

Tanya, we are engaged in a battle for our nation's very soul. Can you get us out of the mess we're in? (Ah-ooh!) Hamilton's new financial plan is nothing less than government control! I've been fighting for the South alone. Where have you been?

Uhh, France?

Ah-ooh!

We have to win.

Well what'd I miss? What'd I miss? Headfirst into a political abyss! - (Headfirst! Into the abyss.) -  I have my first cabinet meeting today. - (Chick-a-plaow!) - I guess I'd better think of something to say! I'm already on my way to get to the bottom of this.

What did I miss? Ah-ooh!

Mrs. Jefferson, welcome home!

Mrs. Jefferson, Alexandra Hamilton.

Mrs. Jefferson, welcome home!

Mrs. Jefferson, welcome home! Lord, she's been off in Paris for so long!

SO WHAT'D I MISS?