Take A Break

Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf (Un deux trois quarte cinq six sept huit neuf)

Good. Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf (Un deux trois quarte cinq six sept huit neuf)

Sept huit neuf—

Sept huit neuf

Sept huit neuf (sept huit neuf)

One two three four five six seven eight nine!

My dearest, Angelo

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day. I trust you'll understand the refrence to another Scottish tradgedy without my havin' to name the play. They think me MacBeth; ambition is my folly. I'm a polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain. Madison's Banquil, Jefferson's McDuff, and Birnim Wood is Congress on it's way to Dunsindaine.

And there you are an ocean away. Do you have to live an ocean away? Thoughts of you subside, then I get another letter and I cannot put the notion away...

Take a break!

I am on my way.

There's a little suprise before supper and it cannot wait.

I'll be there in just a minute; save my plate—

Alexandra!

Ok, ok!

Your daughter's nine years old today. She has something she'd like to say. She's been practicing all day! Phillipa, take it away!

Mommy mommy look! My name's Phillipa! I am a poet! I wrote this poem just to show it! And I just turned nine! You can write rhymes but you can't write mine!

What?

I practice French and play piano with my father!

Uh-huh!

I want a sister and I have a little brother!

... Ok!

My mommy's tryin' to start America's bank! Un deux trois quatre cinq!

Bravo!

Take a break!

Hey, our kid is pretty great...

Run away with us for the summer! Lets go upstate!

Elijah, I've got so much on my plate—

We can all go stay with our mother. There's a lake I know— I know

In a nearby park— I'd love to go.

You and I can go when the night gets dark!

I will try to get away.

My dearest Alexandra,

You must get through to Jefferson. Sit down with her and compromise. Don't stop 'till you agree! Your favorite older brother Angelo reminds you there's someone in your corner all the way across the sea. In a letter I received from you two weeks ago I noticed a comma in the middle of a phrase. It changed the meaning. Did you intend this? Once stroke and you've consumed my waking days! It says "My dearest Angelo". With a comma after "dearest". You've written "My dearest, Angelo". Anyway all this to say: I'm coming home this summer, at my brother's invitation. I'll be there with your family if you make your way upstate. I know you're very busy. I know your work's important. But I'm crossing the ocean and I just can't wait.

You won't be an ocean away. You will only be a moment away—

Alexandra, come downstairs. Angelo's arriving today!

HaHaaHahAHhahAHAAHhahaHH

Angelo!

Elijah!

The Schuyler Siblings!

Alexandra!

Hi.

It's good to see your face.

Angleo tell this woman Adams spends the summer with her family!

Angelo, tell my husband Adams doesn't have a real job anyways.

You're not joining us? Wait—

I'm afraid I cannot join you upstate.

Alexandra I came all this way—

He came all this way—

All this way!

Take a break!

You know I have to get my plan through Congress—

Run away with us for the summer! Lets go upstate!

I lose my job unless I get my plan through Congress—

We can all go stay with our mother. There's a lake I know (I know I'll miss your face)

In a nearby park (screw your courage to the sticking place)

You and I can go (Elijah's right!)

Take a break and get away—

Run away with us for the summer! Lets go upstate!

Where we can stay!— We can all go stay with our mother.

If you take your time, you will make your mark! Close your eyes and dream— (Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now! You and I can go—)

—when the night gets dark... Take a break!

I have to get my plan through Congress... I can't stop until I get my plan through Congress...