"Caged"

"Caged like a songbird to only play for its master."

Gates closed her. She would never escape the cold stone gates. Miraculous lost hope when her father conquered their lands. She remembered how her father would come with a smiling telling her that they were on the verge of power. Her father never smiled except when he is with his precious princess. He might be a tyrant but he was a good father surprisingly.

Meanwhile in the underground town...

Adrien was an unlucky boy if he does says so for himself. His parents were stripped of their royal titles and became now peasants. He was only 2 when it happened. The Agrestes were ruling a quite lovely kingdom and had no enemies until the era of Hawkmoth. When his father was offered to be part of the court as a duke, he refused and went off to support the group against Hawkmoth called Kwami. His dad and mom became leaders until Master Fu, the founder who was old but still claimed that he could fight a Yeti. He despised the King, but he never knew why his father says he would never hate the king but only dislike him.

"Ms. Cheng? Are you here?" Adrien asked in front of one of the resistances greatest fighters. She was his mother's best friend and claimed to be taken but seemed single.

"Why of course, Adrien I am always here! Anyways what brings you to my abode?" Bridgette Cheng asked Adrien sweetly.

"The new plan says that the young princess is to be now soon be married. Many are trying in vain to achieve power ever since the princess broke off the engagement off between her and Prince Luka of Couffaine since he was found out to be liking males. Now, father is suggesting I go in disguise as a guard to gain the princess's trust and then somehow we end up cornering him and make him surrender. I completely disagree with this plan, there are too many flaws that can contradict the situation. It still seems a surprise why Hawkmoth has not conquered Bourgeois or Couffaine yet. I know Couffaine, somehow they have planned in another agreement since there are rumors that the princess is friends with the Couffaine princess. And the Bourgeois has always been in the middle. They never proved their loyalty to Hawkmoth yet not to us. I know Chloe is supportive of our side but fakes it in front of the others since her parents are allegiance with Hawkmoth himself. Chloe told me she would be happy to give me lessons to make the princess gain my trust. Apparently, she is very clever and smart and isn't fooled very easily."

Bridgette chuckles and says, "Adrien, I know you are like a son to me and I am like your second mother. But, I have to agree with them. As long as we find ways writing letters to each other! I wanted to know how the princess was doing, I was supposed to be her godmother until her mother somehow died and Hawkmoth forbade me to come anymore."

"Don't worry, Ms.Cheng, if you want I will. But it is too risky."

"Adrikins, your favorite person is here!" Alya said angrily. "Now hurry up before she complains about someone's outfit. I think it is utterly ridiculous you still trust her."

"Don't worry Alya, besides she is going to teach me court."

"Hmmph."

"Adrikins, there you are! Now we need to teach you how to be a good guard. First things first, presentation. You should be clean and never speak out. And then...blah blah."

Adrien stopped caring since he knew Chloe seemed a bit too rude to what he was now being a peasant.

THE NEXT DAY

"One of you guys will be chosen to serve the princess! We need one new guard since the last one was a pervert who invaded the princess and was sentenced to death within ten minutes. The princess has 4 guards, which are containing me: Le Chien Kim, Nino Lahiffe, and Ivan Bruel. One of you is going to be special and respected! Serve for power and against those who dislike it!"

"Like what, the princess isn't even here, I came to see her only. It was said we would have a private conversation on an interview!"

"SO you think the princess is your new toy! Wrong you are bastard! For I am Crown Princess Marinette Rosaline Dupain! Daughter of the King who can snap his fingers to sent you to be killed. Your all lucky I am in such a good mood since my good friend is coming today, and she will join me in choosing one of you. She is my best advisor for me, please welcome Princess Chloe Audrey of Bourgeois!"

I felt relieved since Chloe was helping but I could see being the best would not satisfy the princess at all.

"Now let the competition begin, the first challenge is combat against Kim. If you cannot beat him you are unfit to protect me. "

Chloe told me stories on how Kim adored her, but she wasn't interested even though his family was close to the Royals.

"Engrade!"

I fought nimbly and almost missed that one time but I managed to be seen as okay as I did the challenges.

"I talked to my friend, and she suggested some of you all. But my decision determines your fate! FOr runner-up it was Jean Duparc, and 1st place goes to Adrien Bastille!"

Yes! Chloe was able to persuade her!

The princess came to me and gave me a pin to identify as her main guard.

"I could beat you in my sleep, but I suppose you will get better. You will get a room shared with Nino Lahiffe since he is getting quite bit lonely without a true guy friend. I cannot always help him...Bye!"

With that Chloe and Marinette exited out with Kim and Ivan with Nino left behind to send the men out of the palace training arena.

"So dude, you're lucky that Marinette got to even choose someone today. She is very picky, yet a really great friend. I am Nino, your now roommate, guard friend, and hopefully, we both hate Chloe too. I personally don't see why Marinette sees in Chleo or in fact our lovesick bird Kim."

"Yeah, I suppose I am lucky. I never met princess Chloe."

"Well good luck ever supervising them."