chapter 1

(guitar music) (Yawn) "welp good morning, time to get ready" * my name is payton blank, i'm just a plain ordinary 14 year old girl living a ordinary life, well strike that i used to have a ordinary life, keyword used to. If your wondering what i mean i'll tell you my tale of how me and my friends became.... DRAGONS!* I went to my closet to pick out a set of clothes to wear during me and my family's trip to california for the jr olympics, did i mention i did judo but anyway right now i'm picking what i'm wearing there. I decided on a pair of navy blue, bootcut jean with a black,supernatural, long-sleeve shirt. For my hair i went with a simple ponytail for my thick, chestnut shoulder length hair and i'm all ready, "Payton" "i'll be right there, mom" i replied back politely. "It's to early,wanna go back to sleep" "come on sam, we only woke up at 5:00 am!" "payton your a morning person, i am not so stop being annoying now" " i someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...hey" "well stop being loud" "you didn't have to hit my arm you just needed to say so". "Hey stop fighting you two" "yes, mom" *by the way thats sam my younger sister by two years, she's a sassy pants most of the time except for the mornings which she's not a morning person like me but night owl like my mom and dad. Also people think that we look alike but we are complete opposites, while i'm tall,with average weight she's short and slightly pear shaped. Her hair is dirty blonde with rose gold highlights here and there,and her eyes are the shade of baby blue but mine are a jaded green. The one thing we have in common lookwise is our honey toned skin but enough of how she looks, let's get back to where we left off*. Me and sam went down stairs, me carrying my small drawstring bag as we get in the car to head to the airport.

(time skip to the airport)

After the long car ride we made it to the airport before our flight and just got finished getting through the scanners. Just as we got to our dock me and sam saw michaela, her brother owen, tyler, his brother josh, keleb, and his brother hunter. We decided where we would sit. Me, keleb, josh would sit together, tyler,owen were a dou, michaela,sam,hunter were a group.

(time skip the boarding and taking off)

During the flight i looked out the window, i couldn't believe my eyes it was a rainwing from the wings of fire book, but that's not all it's mouth was moving and pointing at me plus the others, it was mouthing something 'help'. I didn't understand, i was amaze yet afraid, i soon realized my head was nodding no. The plan started to shake like an earthquake, the plan started to plumet i could feel it so did the others. Everyone started to panic, breathing mask dropped from the sealing. Then everything went to black and i could nothing but silence.