Summer Snow

-Naomi-

Hey, my name is Naomi, and this is the story of my crazy adventure...

Boy where do I start? It all began one day when I was spending my summer at camp with a bunch of other kids. I was minding my own business then I hear my name being called. I hop off the rock I was sitting on and made my way over. Then, I see a snowflake floating down from the sky. I know what you're thinking, snow in the middle of July? I thought it was pretty weird too.

The camp director rushed us all inside as there was a crazy blizzard pouring itself outside. I got stuck in a cabin with seven other kids that I was acquainted with, Tai, Matt, T.K., Izzy, Joe, Mimi, and Sora. I stuck with Sora because she and I were pretty close and I didn't want to talk about girly stuff with Mimi. Sure, Mimi's nice and all, but her interests aren't really my cup of tea.

During the blizzard, Sora and I were just talking while I drew a portrait of her in my sketchbook. I showed her the final product and gave it to her. I then feel the slight change of atmosphere, so I opened the door and looked upon the now snow, caked camp.

"Yo, guys, check this out!" I sprinted out the cabin.

The others poked their heads out and one bye one came out.

"I'm gonna build the biggest snowman!" Giggled T.K., along with his brother, Matt, following him saying, "hey, T.K. be careful. Slow down!"

Sora came out next, shivering from the cold, "burrr, it is freezing! And I didn't bring a jacket."

"Man," Joe stared in disbelief, "I was worried I'd catch a summer cold. But this is even worse!" He complains.

"Wow!" Mimi gasped, "why didn't I pack my fluffy pink snow boots?" She says in playful regret.

We all had fun outside in the snow and saw an aurora in the sky when I realized there was someone missing. Tai noticed too and called out for him.

"Izzy, come on out, you gotta see this!"

Izzy came out and we all marveled at the beautiful light show.

"What is it?" Izzy asked.

"Maybe an aurora?" Guessed Sora.

"It sure seems like it," I added, "but how? Don't they normally appear in Alaska?"

"You're right, we're way too far south."

"I really think we should go back inside, before we come down with ammonia." Joe suggested.

"Hey, what's that?" Tai pointed out.

We see a green hole in the sky and it spits out eight fireballs to our feet!

"Everyone, are you alright?!" Sora checked.

"We're still here." Matt assured.

"Yeah, I think we're all okay but, what on earth was that?" I looked at the ground.

"Meteors, perhaps?" Izzy inspected.

Suddenly, the snow holes began to glow. Small little devices start floating up and we each caught 'em in our hands. What are these? A USB maybe? I didn't have enough time to think when a big wave of water pulled us in. Before I knew it, I blacked out....