Shellmon

-Naomi-

Everyone sat together watching Joe helplessly making phone calls, while I was playing in the sand with T.K. and Matt watches. I was still self conscious about my black eye so I kept my hair over it. Thank God, Sora had the first aid kit. I had gotten plenty injuries already and she helped patching me up.

I got bored and told the guys that I was going for a small walk and left. I knew that I wasn't alone. I stopped and turn to look behind me and saw Sora and Mimi with their digimon.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I asked the said girls.

"We just want to know if you were okay?" Mimi replied.

"I'm sorry, guys. Its just-," I sighed. "I don't feel like I'm part of the group." They gave me a puzzled look. "Has it ever crossed your mind that I'm the only one who doesn't have a digimon?"

"It wasn't that hard to notice." Admitted Sora, "we just didn't want to say anything."

"I'm sure your partner will turn up sooner or later." Palmon assured.

"Thanks...We should go back, everybody's waiting on us."

The five of us walked back and we hear the guys talking about food. I had just realized that we haven't eaten, like, at all. They asked if we had anything to eat, sadly we didn't. I lost my bag during cliff fall and it had a few snacks to at least satisfy our hunger for a while.

Thankfully, T.K. and Joe each had food and we divided for each of us. I just declined on eating because, I wasn't really hungry for some reason. So, I just gave it to Agumon.

"How's your eye?"

I turn to look at Matt and I could feel my heart pound. I gave a reassuring grin. "Its fine. Sora put eye medicine, so it should heal in time."

I don't know why I feel this sudden way towards Matt. He's really cool to hang around and is very caring for his little brother. I have a half sister at home that I have to care for when dad's not around. So, Matt and I are kind of in the same boat.

My thoughts were cut off when we felt the ground violently shake. Whatever's under here doesn't seem so friendly. I mean, they obliterated the phone booths! The digimon rises from the sand to reveal it's shell-like form. It appeared to be a Shellmon. We hightail to the rocky ledge and Joe attempts to climb over, but Shellmon spouts a big gush of water and washes him off. Our digimon step up to fight when it turns out they don't have any strength to fight. Except, Agumon is the only one able to defend us. It was because he was the only one to eat and gain energy.

Tai goes on to help Agumon fight, but is is captured in the process, and so is his partner. I didn't want to believe that this was our end. I stood up and cheered.

"Come on! You can do this- ah!"

I couldn't finish my sentence when Shellmon had sent me flying to the cliff wall. I felt my back pop and the pain that came with it....

-Third Person-

Tai saw the struggle for everyone and how much danger they were in. He felt powerless and so did Agumon. His partner was in danger and so was everyone else. Then, out of nowhere, a bright light shined on Agumon.

"Agumon, divivolve to...Greymon!"

The rookie digimon has evolved into its champion form, Greymon. He was much bigger than he was earlier and had helmet on his head with horns.

It was now a wrestling match between the fighting digimon. Tai cheered on for Greymon as he fought his opponent. He lifted Shellmon into the air, hitting him with his Nova Blast, and sent the digimon flying back into the ocean. The battle was won and Greymon went back to his prior form, exhausted. Gladly, he wasn't hurt though. Now everyone thought it was best to feed the digimon as well, after seeing that result.

The digidestined were now on an agreement to leave the coast before Shellmon can come back.

"In that case, we should go right back to the forest," Joe suggested,"because if anybody's looking for us, that the place they'll go!"

"Joe, didn't you hear anything that we were saying," Naomi stood up, weakly. "We can't  go back. We fell off a cliff and we floated down a river to get here, not to mention we got separated, but going back would be very difficult."

"And we could run into Kuwagamon." Mimi added.

"Now listen," Izzy spoke in,"logically speaking if there are telephones here, then there must be people to use them. So, I think it makes good sense to find those people."

"That makes sense?" Harmonized Joe and Naomi.

"Remember Agumon said? That there hasn't been anything but digimon."

"Then how come there are phone booths here? It's worth a shot."

-Matt-

I understood Naomi's skepticalness, but we had to be sure if there were humans living here.

"If you all think that's the best option, then I'm in!"

"You sure you can move around, Naomi? You've been beaten quite a lot today."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little twist- *crackle, pop!*-there, my back was just stiff, now let's go!"

I admire her enthusiasm. After all the damage she's taken, she still manages to look on the bright side of things. Naomi's quite the inspiration....