The Final Fight....right?

-Naomi-

In the following morning, I had woken up next to Impmon. I guess he changed back overnight while I slept. I stood up, arching my back and raised my arms in a stretch. Impmon was still resting, so I would wait till he woke up. In that time, I at least had something to eat in my bag -that was now dry. And soon enough, I hear a shuffle beside me and Impmon was now awake.

I smiled, handing him a soft, chewy bar. "Good morning, buddy."

"Mornin, toots.." he rubbed his eyes, gladly taking the snack. "We oughta get you back to your friends. They'll probably meet ya back at Infinity Mount'n."

I nod my head, gazing at the tip of the said mountain from the far distance. I look back Impmon with questions running through my head. Why am I here? What are we all doing here? What purpose do we have in the digital world? Since we got here, all we wanted was answers and a way back home. I believed that he might know something about it.

"Hey, Impmon?" I grab his attention. "Do you know something that I, or the others, don't know about?"

My partner is quiet for a couple of seconds and sighs. "Imma tell you a story, so get comfortable... we were by ancient legend that an evil force would take over our world by changing good digimon into bad ones. Our so-called ancestors predicted that a group of kids known as the digidestined -that's you guys- would appear from another world. It was said they held a great power that would save our world from destruction."

I understood what he was saying but, it was hard to believe. "How can you be sure that my friends and I are the kids from the legend?"

"The digidestined have the power to make us digimon digivolved. We hold a special bond with our partners and the digivice kinda symbolises it."

I pull out the digivice he mentioned about and fidget with it in a bit of thought. I take in everything I had just heard and accepted the truth. My friends and I are the digidestined and we were chosen to save the digital world. I put on a determined face and swung my bag over my shoulders as I stood on my feet.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's kick some evil, digimon butt!" Impmon gave me a smirk and stood up with me. With my digivice in hand, I grinned. "Digivolution?"

"Heck yeah!" Impmon digivolved back into Wizardmon and offered me a lift.

"Wait!" I paused. "Before we go, could you do me a quick favor?"

#~#~#~#

-Matt-

After saving my little brother from Ogremon and turned Leomon back to good, he told us the story about the digidestined and how we are the children in the prophecy. We collectively decided to accept our mission and head back to Infinity Mountain to face Devimon. Getting on a boat, Leomon rowed us back to the mountain.

Once we got close to the base, the ground began to shake. We knew well enough that it was Devimon, and he knows we're here. Looking up, it was shocking to find Devimon being bigger than before.

"Remember," Leomon advised with caution,"the power that Devimon possesses is immense! Be careful!"

Devimon lifted himself off the mountain peak and glided back down behind us. Tai called out to Agumon to digivolve but Devimon was quicker. He sent all of us flying to the rough, cliff walls with a black beam. Even Leomon couldn't fight it, he was too strong.

"Fools! Don't expect me to play silly games, I'm far too wise for that!"

As Devimon just pressured us against the cliff wall, we hear the sounds of misels and fireballs being thrown at him. We quickly realized it was both Ikkakumon and Birdramon, meaning; Sora and Joe were here. Good timing, too. Our digimon took the chance to digivolve and now, we're on to fight!