Let Her Go (Part 1)

Song by Passenger

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

' I was a fool '.

' It was an accident '.

' Please don't leave me '.

' I love you '.

He didn't mean to get drunk that one night. He didn't mean to go home with her friend. He didn't mean to lie to her for a whole month. He didn't mean to break off their relationship. He didn't mean it.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

He was lonely, at least so he said.

He was never lonely. She was the lonely one.

She was spending more time at work to avoid him, at least he liked to believe.

No, she was spending more time at work because she didn't want to confront him, she didn't want to see the face of a cheater and a liar.

He didn't mean to hurt her, at least that's what his goal was.

He could never hurt she. She meant too much to him. He would have done anything for her, he would have given her the world if she asked for it.

He didn't expect her to find out and dump him on the spot.

It was one night. Just one night where he got too drunk and he partially, wrongly blamed her for working too late all the time, sought the comfort of someone else. It was one night and he regretted it all.

Staring at the bottom of your glass

Hoping one day you'll make a dream last

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies

Now there he was again, at the same bar where he drank until he was too intoxicated to realize his actions. The same bar where he allowed himself to be seduced by a vixen. The place where he sealed the fate of the best relationship he ever had.

The transparent glass cup in front of him was empty with only the remains what liquor he had drunken before. The quiet melody of a diminishing sound echoed in the background, not like he noticed it though. Usually he would have brought along his beloved with him, but oh wait, he lost her because he was being an idiot.

His lids fluttered closed as he thought about her silky soft hair and her vibrant living eyes. The feeling of her satin skin against his calloused fingers and the warmth of her hands warming his stone cold cheeks. The intoxicating aroma of her vanilla perfume firmly planted into his mind. His head was filled with memories of her. And lost her.

But, she deserves so much better than him. He wouldn't be able to keep her happy, he wouldn't be able to be the man that deserves to be by her side, he wouldn't be able to support her. He wouldn't be able to be the man that she deserves.

A giggle.

It came from behind him and how it brought back nostalgic memories of her and him as a couple. God did that giggle remind him of his beloved.

Curiosity got the best of him and despite his better judgment. He turned around to see who giggled and his heart came to an abrupt stop. Sitting across the room at a booth was his beloved. His heart soared and passion burned through his chest. The pearly white smile on her face blinded him, the vibrant rays of her happily glowing face appeared far too perfect to be just any old face in the crowd.

However, it all came crashing down when he saw who she has come to the bar with.

Another man. A man better looking and most likely more appreciative and honest than he. She was over him. Finished. It don't take her long to move on and forget about her ex-lover. Why should it have? He cheated on her, he may have been intoxicated, but he attempted to keep quiet about it for as long as he could.

And she, so beautiful and perfect, deserves to be happy. So long as she's happy, he'll be happy even if it's not with him.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go