Chapter 23

1000 Votes. Yayy

Lila

I was glad to be back in New York. When Chris said he wanted to settle our affairs in the city, I decided that my blaze of glory would be a fashion show. I owed it to my upcoming designers. 

I hired an event planner and she was helping me to make sure it was a success. The show was being advertised over the media and things were going well.

I called Michala Winthrop to my office. "I just wanted to make the final touches to the fashion show." I told her. "How would you feel if your design was worn my Katerina Valencia." 

She looked at me with tears in her eyes, her glasses falling to the bridge of her nose. "I would love that." She sniffled. I smiled and after finalizing everything with her, dismissed her from the office. 

Feeling satisfied with my work for the day, I went home.

I remembered when Chris and I arrived a few days ago, the staff was ecstatic that Chris and I were working on our issues. 

When I opened the door, Betty— my dear old friend, was immediately by my side. "Would you like a cup of tea?" I nodded to her question.

"Is Chris back?" I asked. She shook her head in reply. "I'll be down in a few minutes and then I'll take that tea." She nodded.

I collapsed on the bed in happiness. I was so happy that Chris and I were working on our relationship. I felt more connected to him now than ever before. Hearing a ping on the phone, I pulled it out. I was lost on social media for quite a while before I accidentally fell asleep.

My eyes flew open, "Holy crap, its 7:30 pm," I groaned when I checked the time. I shuffled to the bathroom. 

I was in the middle of taking a shower when the bathroom door opened. A smile made its way when I saw Chris. He came over and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Finish up. I need to talk to you." I didn't like the look of worry in his eyes.

I finished my shower quickly and dressed in silk pajamas. Chris wasn't in our room so I checked downstairs. He was sitting in the couch.

I made my way to him and he pulled me in his lap. "We've been working on our marriage and we realized that communication was our major issue." I nodded.

"Something happened today and I thought that you should know. A woman came onto me in my office today."

I was immediately worried. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." He reassured me.

"How did she slip into your office unnoticed?" I frowned.

"She took advantage of the COO waiting for Susannah and came in when she left." 

"I'm just glad you're okay," I hugged him. Holding his face in my hands, I looked him in the eye. "I'm so glad that we're making progress. Thank you for sharing with me, it means a lot in here." My hand touched my heart.

"I love you." I murmured softly when he pulled me close.  I was so grateful to have him in my life. For the rest of the night, he showed me just how much he loved me too.

 For the rest of the night, he showed me just how much he loved me too

This was an uneventful chapter.

Mad respect for authors because writing is harrrd. I thought it was a simple task but attempting to write a novel made me see the truth and no longer shall I judge😂😂

I'm just gonna accept the fact that this is a novella or short story. Maybe next time I'll try and increase the word count.

I feel this story dwindling to an end. Just a couple more chapters. This was quite the journey for me and I loved every moment. The readers, votes and comments made my day.

I'm currently working on my next project that I will post once this story is finished. I will probably continue this as a series with Marco and Katarina's story next🔥.

So check out the story when this one is finished.

You have heard of me, no doubt about it.

Tamara McLayne

How did I get to the top? Simple, I betrayed everyone I knew.

I am the Female Boss

A story of a girl rising to the top, no limits, no bounds. There's nothing she wouldn't do.

She made these choices . . . she WILL live with these choices. 

A character you'll love to hate.