20. She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

Day 38
Couples:
Asher and Taylor (official couple)
Faye and Noah
Jodie and Kyle (official couple)
Liliana and Dougie
Sophie and Shayne
Violetta and James (official couple)
Zoe and Alex
Diego
Daniel
Ricky
Aidan
Charlie
Jason
Michael

The villa:

We're all gathered around the edge of the pool, waiting for the text to come through telling us what to do. We've been told that texts of dares are going to come through and whichever group does them in the shortest amount of time will get a party tonight. Either the villa, or casa amore.

Then all of sudden, Sophie's phone goes off and she reads it aloud, "a guy and a girl with the same first initial of their first name must kiss each other."

I scan the group, thinking about it, but Zoe figures it out before I do. "Jason and Jodie!"

Jason and Jodie both stand up, and they give each other a peck on the lips. From what I could see, it looked like Jason went in for a proper kiss, but Jodie pulled away. Shows just how loyal she is to Kyle.

Then Asher reads the next text out loud to everyone, "the shortest girl must pick a guy to demonstrate her favourite sex position."

That's when I realise that I'm the shortest girl, and I'm really blaming my genetics right now. The last thing I want to do is to demonstrate a sex position on national tv with a guy I only met yesterday. But I know I have to do it, so I stand up and grab the closest guy to me, which happens to be Charlie, and I lay down on the ground with one leg in the air. Demonstrating the 'scissor' position with him.

We then get up and go back to where we were sitting and Liliana asks "scissor? That's a strange one."

"Yeah, well," I start, but then begin chuckling to myself. "I used to be a gymnast so it comes naturally to me."

"Oh my god." Jodie laughs, "you really are something else."

"The oldest guy must kiss the youngest girl!" Zoe shouts over our conversation, and all the girls look towards Liliana, who's only twenty.

And the guys figure out that Michael is the oldest, at twenty eight. They both run towards each other and kiss each other quickly, hoping to win the challenge.

~*~
Couples:
Asher and Taylor (official couple)
Faye and Noah
Jodie and Kyle (official couple)
Liliana and Dougie
Sophie and Shayne
Violetta and James (official couple)
Zoe and Alex
Abbie
Lauren
Charlotte
Grace
Eva
Maddie
Bella

Casa Amore (James' POV)

I get a text come through on my phone and read it as quick as I can, "a guy and a girl with the same first initial of their first name must kiss each other."

"Me and Alex." Abbie shouts, running towards Alex and straddling him as she sits on his lap. And Alex seems all too happy about that.

"Jesus Abbie, someone's keen." Charlotte laughs, which causes most of the girls to starts giggling.

"Couldn't help myself." Abbie grins smugly, as if claiming Alex as her own. It's no secret that Abbie and Lauren have been fighting over Alex since they both came in here yesterday, and Abbie's just got a one up.

"The shortest girl must pick a guy to demonstrate her favourite sex position with." Dougie reads, receiving a text.

I watch as Eva rushes towards Noah, but the only thing I can think about is Vee, I'm almost certain that she's the smallest girl back at the villa. I've always joked about her being tiny and it's always been pretty funny up until this moment. I just hope that she refuses to do it, or that there are no attractive guys in there with her. But who am I kidding?

"You alright man?" Kyle asks, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah, fine." I lie, wanting to pretend that everything is okay. And I think he actually believes me.

It's Shayne who gets the next text, "the oldest guy must kiss the youngest girl."

Quick as a flash, Taylor gets up and pecks Maddie on the cheek, "didn't say where I had to kiss her." Taylor claims, clearly not wanting to get told off by Asher when she finds out. That will definitely get him some brownie points.

"The boy with the least amount of exes must French kiss a girl of his choice for five seconds." Noah reads, and I instantly know that it's me. I've only ever had one girlfriend before coming in here, and I'm pretty sure none of the other guys have never had a girlfriend in their lives.

"Guys," I start, with no sense of urgency in my voice whatsoever, "I think it's me, I've only got one ex." I explain, and they get excited that we might win this challenge, but little do they know, I'm about to burst their bubble. "But I'm not doing it, sorry, I can't do it to Vee."

This causes the girls to smile, a few of them saying aww, and Grace says "that's so sweet. We need more guys like you in the world."

The game carries on for a quite a while longer until eventually we receive a text saying the challenge is over and that the group back in the villa got one more point than us, making them the winners. "How on Earth have they managed that? We were so quick." Shayne asks, and everyone seems baffled.

"Clearly we weren't quick enough." Taylor shrugs, then his eyes fall on me and I think he can immediately tell that I'm not my usual self, no matter how much I try to hide it. "Why don't we just have our own party? Kyle, why don't you show the girls your little party trick."

This causes the guys to laugh, already knowing what his party trick is, "You girls are in for a treat." Kyle chuckles, making everyone gather around him.

As they do this, Taylor makes his way towards me, whispering so no one else can hear, "you wanna go for a chat?" I nod my head slowly, and we sneak away to the day beds where the others can't see us. "What's going on, man? We're all bummed about not winning, but this goes beyond that."

"I feel like I've let everyone down." I admit, telling him half of what's bothering me. "If I just kissed one of the girls then maybe we might have won and everyone would be having a good time."

"Mate," he starts, really compassionately, which is kind of strange because I've never really been close to him in this place. Kyle and Dougie have always been my best friends, it's not that I don't like Taylor, it's just that we never really speak that often. But I guess he's being friendly because Asher and Violetta are best friends, so we might as well start getting along with each other too. "Nobody is blaming you for losing, we're a team, we're all in this together." He narrows his eyes slightly as if concentrating on something, "but that's not what's bothering you."

I take a deep breath before answering, choosing to really trust Taylor right now. "When Shayne asked how the girls back in the villa managed it, I realised that it must be down to the fact that Vee must have done a few of the challenges that I refused to." I shake my head slightly as I speak, "I don't know how many for definite, but from the challenges we had, there was at least one sex position and two kisses. But it could be more, I don't know."

"James, Vee loves you more than anything. Asher's always banging on about how lucky you guys are to have found each other." This eases me slightly, but I still don't feel one hundred percent better. "But it's not just Asher who thinks so, everyone can see it. So what if she kissed some guy in there? She doesn't love them, she loves you."

"I just want these few days to be over as soon as possible so that I can see her again." I admit, "What's the point of being on love island if I'm not with the girl I love?"