31. Life After The Villa

"Mama?" Sofia says, getting my attention, and I turn over in my bed to see her standing in the doorway. "James fell over, he says he needs your help."

I instantly throw off the covers and rush out of bed. "Oh my god." I say as I follow Sofia as she directs me to where James is. I follow her down the hallway to her room, and as soon as I step inside the room I stop instantly, paralysed with shock.

"Surprise!" James says playfully, a massive grin on his face. I scan the room, and Sofia has a proper bed all to herself now, rather than just a mattress on the floor that she's been sleeping in for the past few days since we moved in to this new house. But not only that, the walls have been painted a pale pink colour, and there's fairy lights framing the headboard of her bed. "Do you like it?"

I'm a little lost for words but eventually I reply. "You did this?" I ask, unable to process that he's done this for my daughter, even though she's never had a bed of her own before.

"Well, I had a lot of help." He claims, looking at Sofia, causing her to smile and me to chuckle a little, a tear escaping and rolling down my face. "Woah, what's wrong? Do you not like it?" He asks, noticing that I'm starting to cry a little.

"No it's not that." I reassure, realising how silly I'm acting right now. "I love it, it's beautiful. It's just," I start, trying my best to get my words out as best as I can. "It's just, no one's ever done anything like this for me before, for either of us." I say, holding my arm out for Sofia to give me a hug.

"Well you better start getting used to it." James tells me, joining in on mine and Sofia's hug, making it a three-way hug. "I'd do anything for you, you know that." He says, then glances down at Sofia, "both of you."

He then reaches down and picks Sofia up, resting her on his hip like I used to do when she was smaller and lighter. But he makes it look so effortless. And I love how much the two of them have bonded in the last week since we've left the villa, it just makes my heart grow more and more; more than I thought it ever could. I used to think there was only space for my beautiful little girl in my heart, but now I know what it's like to have love for two. And I'm so lucky for that gift.

~*~

Author's note.

This chapter is a little extract from the sequel to Love Island, and it's called "Life After The Villa." If you want to know what happens between James and Violetta after they left the villa, please read the next book as well.

They'll also be the majority of the characters from the previous book, as well as a handful of new faces, so make sure you check it out!

Also, I have another book called Love Island - Round Two, which is the next season of love island a year after the events of this story. It has totally new characters but it's through the eyes of a man rather than a woman.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this first book, and I can't thank you enough for showing it so much support. Thanks to you guys this book has been entered for the Wattys2019!

I've been messaging a few of the readers for a while, talking about what's happening in the book and what I have planned. So if you want a sneak peek as to what is happening next then I might be able to leak some information but I can't guarantee anything😂similarly, if you want something to be in the sequel which I didn't add in the first book please let me know either in the comments or by messaging me privately.

Lots of love❤️ xxx