29. Surprise Arrivals

Day 54: (two days until the final)
Couples:
Faye and Charlie
Jodie and Kyle (official couple)
Liliana and Dougie (official couple)
Sophie and Ricky
Violetta and James (official couple)
Zoe and Alex (official couple)

We're all sat in the garden, spread out in little groups. I'm sat by the pool with Jodie, chatting about how there's only two days left until we go home. It's weird now thinking about what it's like outside of the villa, back in England.

"I can't imagine not sunbathing all day, it's weird how you get used to things." Jodie comments.

"I know what you mean." I agree, "I'm so used to sitting around all day that the thought of going back to work seems so strange. It's almost like my life is inside this villa."

"Oh my god!" I hear Liliana scream, causing the two of us to turn around to see what's happening. All of a sudden I see Liliana running across the grass towards two people that have just walked into the villa.

And as quick as a flash I realise that today is the day that we get to see our parents. Jodie and I get up to say hello to Liliana's parents, then get surprised when another two people walk in. This time it's Kyle's mum and dad. Obviously Jodie leaves to speak to them because she's coupled up with their son, so I get left alone. We all wait to see who's coming in next, but no one comes in for a while, so we just go back to normal, hoping that someone will come in soon.

I go to the kitchen with James to refill my water bottle, and as I'm at the sink, James tells me that someone else is walking in. I look up and instantly recognise my Nonna, even though I can only see her head from behind the wall. I smile at the sight of her, but as soon as she comes out from behind the wall, I see that she's hand in hand with Sofia, and I instantly drop my bottle on the floor and run towards them.

"Sofia!" I exclaim, crouching down so I can lift her up. "I've missed you so much Neonata, I love you, I love you, I love you."

I give her a big cuddle and a kiss before placing her back down on the ground. James has now caught up to me and is standing face to face with my Nonna. "It's lovely to finally meet you." He holds his hand out for her to shake, but my Nonna isn't one for shaking hands.

She merely looks him in the eyes and says, "don't be silly, come here." Then kisses him on both cheeks and gives him a hug.

He laughs then kneels down so that he's nearly the same height as Sofia. "You must be Sofia. Your mummy has told me so much about you."

Sofia looks at me for a second then looks at James again. "Can I tell you a secret?" She asks, and James nods his head, having no idea what's going on. And I have no idea either. Then Sofia takes a few steps towards him and whispers into his ear. I can't hear what she said, but James seems pretty happy about whatever it is.

"Really?" He asks enthusiastically. "Well I'll tell you something, I love her too." And with that, I realise hat Sofia has told my boyfriend that I love him, as if he didn't know that already. But it's adorable, and I'm so glad that Sofia likes James. I don't know what I'd do if she didn't.

"Sofia, what do you think of James?" I ask, taking her hand in mine and leading her to the bench near the kitchen.

"He makes you smile." She states, looking up at me. "And laugh a lot." She adds, causing me to giggle a little. "I like him. But he's too tall."

"He's too tall?" I repeat, making sure I heard that right. "What's wrong with that?"

"When you carry me, I'm not the tallest anymore." She replies sweetly, and I can't help but laugh. It's little things like this which make me realise how much I've missed her these past few weeks. And I'm so glad things can go back to the way they were, where I tuck her into bed every night after watching a film together. Eating gelato, and I'd have a glass of wine whilst she has some juice. I can't wait to spend every day with her again.

"Well I'm sure if you ask nicely, James will carry you and you can be just as tall as him." I tell her, and she turns to look at James, who has a big smile on his face.

"Right, up we go." And in one swift move he lifts her up and sits her on his shoulders. She giggles as soon as she's up there. I've never sat her on my shoulders before, so this is completely new for her. "Do you feel tall now Sofia?" He asks.

"Yeah." She says through laughter.

"Right, well let's go say hello to everyone then." He says, then starts walking towards the big group of people sat by the fire pit, my daughter still sat on his shoulders. And I can see everyone's face light up when they say hello to her. I can tell she loves the attention too, she's surrounded by people who seem to adore her.

"He's good with her." Nonna comments. And I turn back to her, seeing a small smile on her face. "I'm so glad you're happy, dear."

"Thank you, Nonna." I say, then give her a hug. "It just feels right, you know, like we were meant to be together."

"There's something really special between you two, I've seen it. Everyone has." She replies, "the way he looks at you, it's like there's no one else in the entire world. And then there's you; I've never seen you so happy. Only Sofia can make you smile like the way he makes you smile."

"I know I've only known him for two months." I admit, knowing this is going to sound crazy. "But it feels like he's part of my family, that's how close we are. Is that ridiculous?"

"Not at all." She instantly reassures me. Placing her hand gently on my cheek. "Do you remember what I told you when you were a little girl?"

I smile as I nod my head, the words she told me running through my brain. "That true love is when you feel like Romeo and Juliet." That's the bit that I always remembered, but I'm suddenly remembering the other half of what she always used to tell me when I was younger. "The love that you'd leave loved ones for and cross oceans for."

"Sweetheart," She starts, sitting down on the bench. "You wanted to leave in those first few weeks. But you stayed. You could have come back to your family but you stayed the other side of the sea to be with him." She gives we a warm, loving smile before continuing. "You've found your love, Violetta, so don't ask if you sound ridiculous. Everyone sounds ridiculous when they're in love."

I laugh at her comment, then look back towards where James and Sofia are. Sofia's had enough of being centre of attention and is now only with James. He's crouched down so that they can talk to each other, and she's giggling, a wide smile on both of their faces.

I think that maybe we could be a little family. Which is all I've wanted ever since I gave birth to her; to find someone she can finally call dad.