Chapter 11

Emma

I have been visiting the prisons every night to check on everyone. There is twenty people who need to get out. The others either deserved to be here or Sabrina wasn't sure about them. I trust her judgement. I was already going to have a hard time getting Sabrina, William, Melody, Jack, Jason and the other fifteen people out of there.

I have been here for a week and a half. I have about a week left to get everyone and myself out. Sabrina told me that I could give them a potion which changes their appearances and scent like mine and they could walk out of here, but that plan needs to be cleared up.

I sneak over to the prisons and head through the passage to go over to Sabrina. She wants to plan our escape exactly to the last detail. But today something was different. The last seven times I have been here, Sabrina was in her cell. Today, she was not.

First bad sign

The second bad sign came in the form of silence. I could hear a pin drop, that is incredibly rare compared to all the other times.

The third bad sign was Melody crying in her cell. I swear that girl was always smiling.

The last sign was the twins in the front of their cell. They were both trying to get my attention for me to turn around.

Shit.

I barely managed to hide in the shadows of an empty cell when I heard first voice. And it was not one of the prisoners. This was a guard's or worse one of the Royals. It was then I remembered that the last time I took the potion was about one hour and a half ago. I had to get to one soon or my situation was about to get much worse.

I strain my ears to listen to what was happening in Sabrina's cell, "Alpha said that today was your last chance to give up your powers. I can't wait to see you die, you've been here all proud and mighty."

Sabrina's answer is barely heard, but still makes me smile, "Go. To. Hell."

I hear something hitting flesh and an accompanying grunt. I wince in pain for her. Not long later, I see three guards pass me. I memorize their faces. If I get a chance, I am going to give them a one way ticket to Hell. I wait a few extra minutes just for good measure before heading over to Sabrina.

Instead of her appearing the front of her cell, I just see a crumpled pile which I know is Sabrina. With her state, I don't like her chances. 

I call out, "Sabrina?"

I see her raise her head, "Boss?"

I had told Sabrina to just call me whatever she wants because I couldn't tell her my real name. She was able to tell when I lied when I told her my name was Emilia. Sabrina is right since my real name is Emma. But I cannot have her knowing that, there is chance someone might here. Emma is the known name of the leader of the Smith Organization. I don't need someone to realize that she is me.

I tell her, "Are you okay?"

She chuckles weakly, "What is your definition of okay? Do I look okay?"

I wince, "Yea, I know."

I pull out my lock picking tools and get to work. Not even a minute later, the door to Sabrina's cell stands open. I run over to my friend and force her to drink the healing potion I had with me. It was my last serving though. I better not run into anymore of these situations.

"Do you feel better?" I asked.

Sabrina coughed, "Yeah a little."

"What was that about anyway?" I said leaning against the wall.

She gave me a sad smile, "My execution."

"Come again," still shocked at this revelation.

Sabrina sighed, "I am set to be killed in two days."

I comment, "That speeds up our time-table."

She smirks, "It does, doesn't it?"

"Tomorrow then, we will do it tomorrow," I decide.

"Kinda of short time, don't ya think?" called out Axel from cell next door. He was one of the ones I was helping escape.

"Doable nonetheless," I confirm.

Sabrina gets my attention, "Then let's get to planning."

I shrug, "It's easy. I knock out twenty guards, make potions with their faces, sneak all of out through the same passage I come through here in. We run to my Organization and live."

"You make it sound so easy," groaned Sabrina.

I joke, "Well, I am sure that we will run into some problems, but we can't plan for those. You only live once."

She rolls her eyes, "Now you have stressed me out."

I shove her playfully, "I have the hard part."

Sabrina shoves me back, "True. Do you have enough potion?"

I nod, "I got Moira to make some more for me on my day off."

We continue to discuss the plan for most of the night what the plan was. In early morning, we decided that the plan was good enough and I could go catch the last four hours of sleep that I could. As I was exiting the dungeon through the passage way, a realization hit me.

I hadn't taken a potion in over four hours, shit.

Moira warned me that my mate would be able to track my scent if I didn't take it every two hours. My appearance was safe, but the spell for my scent could be broken by my mate. I can't even believe I made such a simple slip-up. I started running down the halls towards my room. 

I ran faster and faster and faster, urgency feeling up my entire being. Like a sense of doom coming for me. It would be just my luck to run right into my mate. I was so lost in thought that I did just what I was avoiding. 

I ran right into a man. I looked up and saw the face of my mate. Oh great! He looked incredibly confused as he sniffed the air. I took his hesitation as a chance to run.

I took off at full speed in the other direction. I had taken a wrong turn anyway. It took my mate a second to realize what was up. His roar was incredibly scary and it encouraged me to run faster. I barely made it to my room and swallowed the potion when my mate burst in.

"Where is she?" he roared.

It didn't take much to pretend to be terrified, "Sorry, Alpha King! What are you talking about, Alpha King?"

Alec looked pissed, "I smelled her. Where are you hiding her?"

I cowered in the corner, "Who is her?"

"My mate!" he yelled.

Luckily at that moment, his Beta who is also called Axel burst into the room. Technically, an Alpha's Beta is supposed to be the Alpha's best friend. I don't know if that is the case here, but I just know that Axel is the only person besides me who could call him.

Axel instructs me quickly, "Get out of here."

I follow his instructions because I like my head attached to my body and Alec seems to wants to detach it. I run out of there like my tail was on fire. I rush over to Margot's room, the lady who first introduced me. I knock.

She answers tiredly, "Who is it?"

I reply, "It's me, Emilia. I have an issue. The Alpha King just came into my room and the Royal Beta told me to leave. I did, but now I have nowhere to sleep."

Margot shrugged, "Fine, I'm tired."

I follow her in and settled in for the night. I would need as much sleep as possible for tomorrow, well technically later today's escape.

***

Word Count : 1324