Chapter 22

Emma

I tell them, "Follow me."

The Alpha King of Europe mused out loud, "We were just fighting and now you are leading us into your headquarters."

I shrug, "Be careful what you touch, most of is is rigged or trapped."

One of their people chuckled, "That's really smart. Leaving a small amount of warriors behind to fight while your people escape. Then, when we are searching the place, there are traps everywhere."

I smirk, "It works very well though."

Alec walks next to me, "Where is Sabrina?"

I avoid the question, "Somewhere."

Alpha Asshole however got upset, "WHERE IS MY MATE?"

I pointedly ignore him and call out to my people, "Tend to your wounded, don't share secrets, do not listen in on our conversation."

There is a chorus of, "Yes, Boss" from my people and grumbling from the others.

Blake calls out, "Do we share the healing potions?"

I stop walking to answer, "Depends how they act, it's your choice. Our people are the first priority though."

Alpha Asshole grumbles, "That's not fair."

I glare at him, "You did just try to kill me, and I have your mate, so I would shut up if I was you."

I bring them into what had been the kitchen, but most of the rooms were empty. When we move, we take everything we can. No use in wasting what ressources we have, it's very important to keep such things. Not that these rich Alpha Kings would understand the meaning of a budget, but whatever. . .

I interrupt the awkward silence that was building in the air, "So let's start with you Alpha Asshole-"

The Alpha King of Europe cuts me off, "What did you just call me?"

I blink once, then twice before repeating myself, "Alpha Asshole. I don't know your real name and I sure don't have enough respect for you to call you by your title. So Alpha Asshole is the closest I can get."

Alec burst out laughing, "I don't think diplomacy is your thing."

I shake my head, "That's what my second-in-command is for."

Alec managed to get his laughter under control before informing me, "His name is Eric."

Alpha Asshole glares at Alec, "You are supposed to tell me, damn it!"

I shrug, "I still like Alpha Asshole better, but Eric will have to do."

He turned his glare to me, "I want my mate."

I put my hands on my waist, "From what I saw, she doesn't want you."

Eric stalked towards me, "You forgave Alec-"

I shoved him back, "There is a difference between Alec and you. I have known Alec for longer than you have known Sabrina. Alec never tortured me, it was our ideals and our people that seperated us. I never 'forgave' him, I am giving him a chance to convince me that we should be together. He was willing to die instead of killing me. You however nearly killed your mate. I should just let Sabrina disapear. It would serve an asshole like you right to lose your mate."

Eric growled at me and began to get agressive, but Alec came to my rescue, not that I needed to help at all. Dominant wolves don't take their mates being threatened so well. Hell, submissive wolves don't take their mates being threatened well. I met a female omega once with three mates who challenged an Alpha because he was threatening her mates. I shudder with the memory, she had quite literally ripped out the Alpha's organs and strangled him with them.