Chapter 27

I want to give a warning to all my readers. Due to this being a sequel in the same world as 'The Rejected Mate's Children', I've been writing Emma for a while. I am losing inspiration for this story. Despite this, I don't want to stop this story. To avoid that, I am wrapping things up quickly as you have seen when I skipped weeks between chapters in the story. So, there is about three more chapters and then the epilogue before the end of the book. I might get more inspiration and add one or two more. 

Also, thank you for the support you have given all my books!

Emma

After the dinner with my family, the next week went by without a hitch. Alec was learning to balance his work with me, not neglecting either one. Just because this month was supposed to convince me to stay doesn't mean that Alec was only going to focus on me and not the kingdom. The first week I had been here, he had done exactly that. I put him in his place real quick though. The werewolves in North and South America needed a leader.

Being Alpha King of a continent or country means that you are responsable for the welfare of each and every supernatural creature there that. With the exception of witches, they were excluded when the Alpha Kings wanted to hunt them down for their power. And that's called corruption!

Most of the time, an Alpha King is the supernatural species that is more dominant. In North and South America, there were mostly werewolves and humans who know nothing of this world as well as humans who do know. In Europe, it's the same case. However, the Alpha King of Asia is a vampire. There are other creatures there that aren't vampires, but love to eat werewolves. The Alpha King of Russia changes. It is the country with the most challenges.

A challenge is when a supernatural species feel like the current Alpha King is too weak. They can challenge him to a fight to the death in order to become the new Alpha King. The Alpha King of Africa is less known supernatural creature. Vampires and werewolves don't have a tendency to go there. The Alpha King of Australia is most likely the nicest of them all. They are rather isolationist and no one knows much about them. About a generation ago, the Alpha King of Asia thought their kindness was weakness and tried to kill them. At that time, the reigning Alpha King of Australia was some type of fae which is like a fairy or witch. He didn't kill the one from Asia, just simply wiped his mind and put someone else on the throne. Not everyone is as they seem.

"Emma?" Alec's voice interrupted my internal monologue.

I turn towards my mate, "What is it?"

He comes up and wraps his arms around my waist, "I just wanted to see you. I'm sorry that I've been in meetings all day."

I give him a quick peck, "It's fine. You don't have to worry." I had taken the time in the library and not even noticed how long I had been there.

Alec shrugged, "I still want to spend as much time as possible with you."

I free myself from his embrace, "I know. Is Alpha Asshole still here?"

He gets a distant look in his eye before answering, "You mean Eric?"

I nod my head impatiently, "Yes, Alpha Asshole."

Alec sighs, "He's still here and refusing to leave until we give him his mate."

I walk around him, "And? Will you?"

He shakes his head, "My normal answer would be yes because I would never separate mates, but Eric has some growing up to do. He still thinks his mate should only feel obligations to him and no one else."

I ask, "You disagree?"

Alec walks over to a chair before sitting, "I used to. When we first met, I had every intention of letting you heal for two days before completing the mating process."