Chapter 17

Emma

I am so bored. . .

Two days have passed already and there is nothing to do. Most of the pack have jobs in the human cities nearby or attend school. The smallest pups are constantly with their mothers. I played with them for most of the two days I have been here. 

Currently, I am lying in bed watching TV. Golden Girls is hilarious and it is the only thing on besides the news. I hate watching the news, it makes me feel like the world is ending. No thanks! 

"EMMA!" called out Jackson suddenly.

I nearly fall out of my bed in shock, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

Ethan yelled, "COME TO OUR OFFICE!"

I groan, but get up to go to them anyway. I have to because they are the Alphas here. I hate to have to listen to people, that's why I am in charge of the Smith Organisation. I have a dislike of packs, you are born into your position. There is no way to change it unless you mate someone with a higher position. In my Organization, you can always improve your station with hard work. Nothing is set in stone.

I slam the door to their office open, "What do you two idiots want?"

Jackson was sitting at his desk while Ethan was leaning against the wall, "Do you want to know who we just had on the phone?"

I gulped, "Not really. . ."

Well, I did, but I could hope it wasn't who I was thinking of. I really, really hope it isn't.

Jackson said, "The Alpha King."

Shit, shit! Can't I ever get a fucking break? I mean like Alec get the hint. I have run from you not once, not twice, but three times. It's pretty clear I really don't want to be with you.

I try to act innocent, "Oh really! What did he say?"

Ethan stood up, "He was calling about finding his mate."

I am trying to seem like I know nothing, but let's be honest I am failing, "Oh . . ."

Jackson walked over to his twin, "Apparently, she ran from the castle the same day he left."

I am now focusing on not laughing, "Huh, what a coincidence!"

Ethan gives me a look, "Is there anything you want to tell us, Emma?"

I look anywhere but him, "About his runaway mate?"

Jackson sighs, "Yes?"

I look right into their eyes, "Do you wanna know who she is?"

Ethan groans, "That's what we have been getting at!"

I grin, "Me."

Jackson curses, "Shit!"

Ethan comforts his twin, "Why couldn't you tell us?"

I walk over to them with a shit-eating grin on my face, "I didn't want Mom to know and I honestly didn't know how you all would react."

He turns to me, "Why are you running from your mate?"

I sit in their chair, "You guys don't know everything yet. Let's start at the beginning! So, I was on a recon mission and we had the bad luck that the Alpha King was doing his rounds. I ran and he caught me, knocking me unconscious. Fun, right? Either way, I woke up in his hospital. We talked a little and he let it slip that he was planning an attack on the Smith Organization. You should have seen him when he was talking about my people. He looked like a crazy person. . ."