Chapter 13

Emma

I run.

I don't look back at all. I cannot, if I do I would go back to my mate. I am having to fight my wolf for control. She wants her mate and damn it I sort of want him too. But I made a promise to come back to my people. I have people relying on me and he has people relying him. We are a world apart.

I run even faster.

At my speed, I am catching up with my people. I pick up their disguised scents that is mixed into mud. Smart, I speed up even more. I want to be with them when they enter my base. I let most of my focus go on tracking them and fighting my wolf.

Soon enough, I run right into Jack, one of the twins. I whine at the sudden crash and he growls at me. I realized that my scent must be different because I was  disguised before. I also remembered that Jack had been willing to die for our escape to be successful. That meant he might attack me.

Shit!

I took off to join Sabrina being a witch she would detect me as me. I needed to hurry according to the roar I got from Jack in his wolf form. This is just what I needed right now. In the edge of my eyesight, I saw Sabrina. Her eyes went wide as she took in the wolf behind me. I rush behind her and hide. 

Very brave, I know...

Sabrina yelled at Jack, "This is the girl who got us out, you idiot!"

I shift and someone else hands me clothes, "Before we arrive at the Organization, I wasn't completely truthful with you before. I am Emma, the leader of the Smith Organization. I had gone undercover to retrieve Sabrina and under the impression that the Alpha King had caught one of my people. Right now, if you continue to follow me, you will have to stay with the Smith Organization. Those who do not cannot come. I cannot take the risk that someone will snitch."

I paused and got twenty affirmative answers, "Now that everyone is aware. No one can refer to me as Emma. I try my best to keep who I am secret. As you know, the Smith Organization is also a mafia in the human world. I am to be Boss or Don whichever you prefer. Now let's go!"

We all took off to my home. Non shifters on the wolves or the vampires can also keep up with their speed. I lead them to my bigger base near the forest. We are currently using it as our main home ever since the Alpha King found out about the last one. 

In the front of my home, I see guards and as I am in human form, I dismiss them, "These are good. Go back to patrol!"

"Yes Boss!" came the answer.

Glinda ran up to me, "Where is my sister?"

I step to the side, "Here."

I smile, seeing their happy reunion. This is why I do my job for these moments. I turn and see my family. Mom, and my dads plus Jackson and Ethan are all looking at me pissed. I forgot that I had promised not to get too involved. I grimace, I am about to get a huge scolding. From the look on Mom's face, it might even be more.

I try to escape, but Mom catches up to me, "What is it I hear from Max?"

I wince, "Let's bring this to my office mom. Laurine, can you get them all set up?"

Laurine smiles at me, "Of course, Boss!"

I bring my family up to my office, having a major sense of deja-vue. Jackson and Ethan are smirking while mom, dad and pops are frowning. Oh no, I am so in for it now!

I try a smile at my parents, "What brings you here?"

Mom glares at me, "Don't act innocent now! We told you to leave it alone! Now, I find out that you had gotten caught by the Alpha King, escaped, passed out, was in the hospital! Then, proceeded to go undercover at the castle! There was even a huge attack at one of your bases! Why am I only NOW finding out about it?"