eleven

"Father? Father!"

Jungkook ran over to his father that was on the floor while staff surrounded them with panic.

The older's skin pale and flaking off as he grabbed his son's hand weakly. "Why haven't you been feeding properly, you starved yourself! Is this why you attacked Jimin!?"

"Jungkook. . . Listen to me, this was all part of the plan. You take good care of that human. He's special. . ."

Pushing through the crowd, a doctor revealed himself and asked Jungkook to move so the man could help his father.

The moment he crouched down, frown appeared on his face. "He's gone, there's nothing I can do. . ."

Feeling hopeless, Jungkook left the scene to go back to the garden.

"Take care of that human." Chanted in his head with his father's voice. Nothing will stop Jungkook from accomplishing the plan.

Glancing around the garden, the man did not see the younger one. "Jimin?"

No answer.

Worry consumed his body as his numb legs searched all over the garden until he witnessed the gate left ajar leading to the real world.

Jungkook fell on his knees, scolding himself for trusting the human not to leave.

It's over.

-

Jin ended his call and already sensed the man hiding in the shadows. A small smirk appeared on his lips as his mind wondered about how Namjoon would react.

"I know you're there, you can stop hiding, Namjoon."

Rubbing his eyes in disbelief, the said man revealed himself. They both gazed at eachother for a moment, Namjoon's confused eyes meeting Jin's mischievous ones.

Closing the space between the two, Jin muttered in a playful tone, "It's not nice to eavesdrop. . ."

The father gazed at the ground, feeling ashamed. "You're right. . . I should really be getting home now."

"Leaving so soon, is something wrong?"

Jin's words made the man pause, he let out a nervous chuckle and blurted, "I think I had too much to drink, because I could've sworn I saw wings on your shadow. . ."

Once the words left Namjoon's lips, he immediately regretted it as a nerve-wracking silence surrounded them.

He almost turned away to leave until a small chuckle was heard. "Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, Namjoon."

"W-Why do you say that?"

Jin made sure there was no space between the two as he gazed into the father's eyes, his look made Namjoon shiver.

"Namjoon, I'm your guardian angel."