The Rock 1

CHAPTER 1 Lyne's Pov
Lyne kicked the rock across the pavement "Stupid rock. Stupid party." Everything had been going so well. She had gotten an A on her research paper on black holes (or time travel), she got invited to her first college party, but it was all a lie! The so-called party had been fake, a new way for the popular girls to torment her. Now she was walking home alone and in the dark, covered in mud no less. Her only source of light being a few street lamps here and there. Tears swelled at the corner of her eyes. Why was it always her? Even in high school, she was the one who got bullied. I mean sure she liked dungeons and dragons, LOTR, Starwars, and other fan-domes, but still why her! Did she have a face that just said, "please punch me?" Kicking another pebble across the pavement, it then doubled back in revenge. Distracted by her inner turmoil, she didn't notice as the rock found itself underneath her boot. With an obnoxious load squeaked Lyne found herself falling face first into a puddle. She waited for the inevitable pain to follow when she would hit the pavement. But it never came. Instead, she found herself submerged in water. Just how deep was this puddle? The water dragged her down farther and then she passed out of consciousness.